want to get off. this merrygoround

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

want to get off. this merrygoround

Postby julia1red » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Had enough now day 6 an now myforearm feels really tight I can't extend it, day 3 on amitriptyline and im a zombie so back in bed and really tearful now , keep thinking it's my heart but drs keep telling me it's all fine I still can't get my head around all this
julia1red
UKFM Member

Re: want to get off. this merrygoround

Postby lolo73 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:53 pm

I know how you feel on the Amitriptyline ((((hugs)))) :(
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:21 am

Oh julia sending you some :hugs:

I was on amitriptyline a few years back and I remember how drowsy and dopey it made me feel so I came off it. You haven't been on it that long so things may settle down in a few days for you, but if you are still not happy with how it's making you feel see your GP and ask if there is an alternative to the amitriptyline.

In regards to your pain, it sounds like you are in a flare, there is no telling how long they will last. My longest one was 2 weeks and my shortest has been 24 hours. The main thing to do is rest as much as you can, I know it's easier said than done but that's the best way to ease off a flare. Keep warm too as this cold isn't helping us FM'ers at all - my pain has gone up a notch in the last few weeks because of the cold.

Take Care and I hope you feel better soon
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby julia1red » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Thank you x had bad night last night hubby said I was tossing and turning all night and muttering to myself, waiting g for Dr ring see if I should stop them, on another note do you ever get pin prices like stabbing in feet fingers and arms my arm feels really tight like I've been at the gym, all these weird ailments it's horrible x xx
julia1red
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi julia

Can't say I've ever had that kind of feeling, the only one I get is the constant throbbing aching pain that is FM.

:fingerscrossed: your doctor can help you out with sorting your meds out. Once you have found the right combination for you, you should start to feel some sort of improvement. As far as I'm aware there is no magic cure that takes all the pain away but when you find the right painkillers they should help ease the pain a bit.

Take care
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Hi Julia

You could be in a flare? try to get lots of rest and hopefully it will pass soon. :hugs:

You might be getting the side affects from the Ami`s, they should settle down soon they can take up to 4 weeks before they start to work.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems