severe headaches

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

severe headaches

Postby fibrocomfort » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi

does anyone else suffer with headaches that can last upto 4 days

cas x
fibrocomfort
UKFM Member

Re: severe headaches

Postby Fine » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:39 pm

Yes, I think you will find it's quite common in fibro, sometimes I have them and they last for weeks, try Syndol tablets they seem to help with mine, when paracetomal and ibuprofen don't touch it. But you should always get it checked out by your doctor, you can never be too careful x
Fine
UKFM Newbie

Postby Debz7172 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi, about 5 years ago I had to see the doc about my headaches and they thought I had trigeminal neuralgia, but the MRI showed that I have Hypertrophy of the Massetter and Temporal muscles in my head, basically they are overgrown!! I had a course of botox which relaxd the muscles and broke the cycle of the pain etc. This condition is apparently directly linked to FM! Surprise Surprise!! It's definitely worth discussing it with your GP, it may be something that can be easily treated. I know now when my muscles are starting to flare up so have to make extra effort to keep the muscles relaxed etc! Good luck!! Xx
Debz7172
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:51 pm

Headaches are something that often tag along with FM :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: :hit1: For me, I have a constant one that feels as if it verging on becoming a migraine, and has been with me from day 1 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Migraines are also an associated problem which affect quite a umber of us as well.

Going to see your GP might be something to consider as there are things you can be given to help ease things off.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:29 pm

I also get headaches , sometimes when I am changing or increasing some of the meds we have to take, as well as the "normal " headache and like others have been a migraine sufferer for many years.

If this is a new symptom or it has increased in duration or intesity I would do as others suggest and go see the GP . GP might just say its FM related but at least that way you know you can relax which might in the end help release some of the tension.

Good luck
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby ElvisPresley » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Yes, I've had FM for a few years, but the headaches have only been really bad in the last 6 months or so. To start with Paracetamol and Ibuprofen worked, but then they started giving me withdrawal headaches! The headaches then started to get worse and lasted anything up to 7 days. I couldn't do anything except sleep as they were so bad! I then decided to try Migraleve from the supermarket and as long as I take them asap after the first signs, it works brilliantly. Obviously you would need to check this out with your GP before you take it, but may be worth discussing.
ElvisPresley
UKFM Member

Postby marianne » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:02 pm

You no the headaches can anyone tell me if theres are a bit like there is presher on your brain and feels like a bit dizzy when your move your head cos thats wot mine are like but not sure if it to do with the fibromyalgia cos I also have epilepsy and tinnitus so dont no if it could be to do with that just would be nice to no they do scare me
marianne
UKFM Newbie

Postby marianne » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:02 pm

You no the headaches can anyone tell me if theres are a bit like there is presher on your brain and feels like a bit dizzy when your move your head cos thats wot mine are like but not sure if it to do with the fibromyalgia cos I also have epilepsy and tinnitus so dont no if it could be to do with that just would be nice to no they do scare me
marianne
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sujo69 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:09 pm

I also suffered sever headaches for years not knowing I had FM. After no pain killers worked my doctor suggested manipulation. I have been seeing a chiropractor now for just over two years and have only had one sever headache since and that was coming off codeine.
Sujo69
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibrocomfort » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:09 am

Hi all

Thanks for the replys guys

i will def try and see the doctor :-)
fibrocomfort
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Yes, i get daily headaches and server migraines but have the migraines under control with daily meds.

Although most of us do suffer with headaches/migraines it is worth you mentioning it to your gp as not everything is connected to fibro, it could also be down to the meds you are taking so have a read of the info leaflet to see if it lists headaches as a side affect.

Hope they ease soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibrocomfort » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:46 am

I managed to see a dr in a local health centre as i could not get an appointment :roll:

she thinks i have Temporal Arteritis gave me some tablets for the weekend but said i must see my dr asap , the tabs seem to help only slightly

so will be ringing on monday to see a dr

cas x
fibrocomfort
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:01 pm

So glad FC you managed to see someone and she has been able to help. Lets hope the meds work and you get some relief as I 'm sure it has all been very stressful for you.

all being well your own GP can put you an the right path and you manage to get something more permenent.

gentle hugs :hugs:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby sweetie pie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:25 pm

Yes as sometimes the head feels so heavy & tight with that massive pressure & if you turn your head then more pain, I have got to ly in bed when its like that due to the heavy pressures,& that cold water feeling running down inside ,haven't a clue what that is but it is one of the many symptoms in fibro, but would like to no what that is as its a horrible feeling XX
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby fibrocomfort » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:40 am

Hi

Well since i last came on i have been in hospital had a CAT scan and a lumber puncture all clear been back to the DR cause still been having
headaches he has put me on beta blockers for a week go back next week , he thinks its cluster headaches ive had them from the 2nd april and still getting them but have calmed slightly

Dr said i may have to have oxygen therapy and poss see a neorolgist

cas x
fibrocomfort
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems