cramps around joints anyone

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

cramps around joints anyone

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:39 pm

hi, for a while iv been getting cramps in the muscles around my joins knees and elbows mostley,

my joint do hurt and muscles ache you know how it gose but this is diffrent its sudden sharp and vert painful and then the muscles hurt when i move them just like pain after a cramp ,

its happening in most of ky joints , i havent been overdoing things been resting and paceing quite well,

i have made a appointment to see gp but have to wait just over a week (ni point seeing another as they are not to good)

so just wondering if it dose happen with fm as this is new.

thanks
take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Re: cramps around joints anyone

Postby shazq » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi MB

I get pain in my knee joints, they click when i move them and sometimes they lock, thats really painful when that happens. My ankles also hurt and click, they give way so i use a walking stick to stop me falling over.

I thought it might be arthritis but my gp said they would be red and would feel hot and inflamed.

Hope your gp will be able to give you some answers. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:55 pm

hi shazq, thank you for the reply,

they dont seem to crack and arnt swollen so i think thats a good sign,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi MB I would get very sharp pain in my arms & legs that can either be "in" my joints or in the muscle nearest the joint. I try rubbing/massaging when sore or heat etc but nothing seems to work. Last week tried a couple of Epsom salt baths and everything seems to have calmed down ....at least for a while . Not sure if it the same but might be worth a try .
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby monica » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:34 pm

I get pain in my joints and the muscles surrounding them. My GP said it was fibro playing me up.

Good luck with your GP
monica
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Another with cramps plaguing the joints MB. I was told it was FM in my case, due to how it affects the soft tissue, altho it does feel like it is right in the centre of the joint at times. Have you thought about trying some sort of gel rub on the hurty bits to see if it helps?? As well as the ones that contain ibuprofen, there are some nice aromatic aromatherapy~type ones that might help, even if it's just a little relaxing in your muscles etc.

Hope your GP can throw some more light on this for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: And if not, there's always the good old :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:05 pm

hi, thanks ism, monica and fluppy thanks for the relpys very gratefull,

i will try the robs and epsom salt bath and if all else fails i will cuddle the bear,

you know how it gose you think you are used to things and then something else pops up.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi MB

Room for another member in your cramps club? I seem to be getting that kind of pain you describe a lot lately so I to am going to mention it to my GP when I see him in a few weeks,

On Thursday night it happened in my left leg and when I woke on Friday I could barely put weight on my left leg and it really flippin hurt! I have a massage off my mum once a week so I told her when she was down Saturday and she checked my leg for me. She said I often get small knots in my body which is always where I've been hurting more that week and normally she can work them out gently for me. BUt my left calf was full of knots and she didn't want to do anything o hurt me so she just worked my calf gently. It helped the pain but it still feels sore and tender.

Oh the joys of FM.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Oh LouLou so sorry but totally jealous of you having your mum give you a massage , the thought of someone coming and giving me a massage every week sounds wonderful even if a bit sore .......

really should put my little green eyed monster away........enjoy !
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:45 pm

hi loulou i had it realy bad around my knee and that made it very painful in my cakf like you it was sore for ages,

i hope you to get some help from gp

and im with ism green isnt the word for how jealous i am about the massage but glad you can get it,

your mum dosnt live in my area dose she haha,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:01 am

Lol ISM and MB you are more than welcome to borrow my mum, all she needs is a cuppa tea and she's there lol. I am lucky though and yes it does leave me a bit sore afterwards but 2 days after one I feel much better.

Calf pain has eased off now and can walk a bit better, got my review with my GP on 23rd April (also my birthday lol) so I'm going to mention this to him and see what he says.
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:31 pm

hi, lou lou your birthday is the same as my brothers,
i will be seeing gp on teusday so i will let you know what he says about it,

glad to hear the pain is easing a little

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:19 pm

LouLou ....Earl Grey , Darjeeling, Jasmine.......even PG Tips , Tetley or Typhoo..tell you mum just to name her poisin and i'll have it in for her....mind you unless she's a good swimmer she might need a flight or a ferry crossing to get to me . :lol:

Take care and hope the appointment with the GP goes well :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:38 am

I've never known anyone with the same birthday as me MB well apart from William Shakespeare lol.

It's the big 3-0 for me :shock:

ISM my mum loves any form of tea lol she always says she wishes she could help everyone with FM and massage everyone, though she is fully qualified the insurance she would need to massage others is very very expensive, but as she qualified purely to help me she doesn't need to be insured. If you lived closer I'm sure she would make an exception ;-)

MB look forward to hearing how you get on.

My calf feels much better still a bit tender. I also need to see my GP as I think I may have RLS (restless legs) just another thing to add to my list lol.
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:44 am

Ah well Lou Lou was worth a try ...if she ever gets over to the Emerald Isle the kettle will always be on . (That goes for anyone else as well )

Re your RLS . I have had these for ages and didn't know what it was or that it was all part & parcel of the Fibro until recently but as I said before I have been trying Epsom salt baths and they seem to have disapeared this last week or two . Might be coincidence I don't know but just sharing my experience.

Hope you get something for it as you have my sympathy ...it is a night mare . I also had something similar in my arms between elbow & shoulder (Restless Arm syndrom ??) especially after using teh 'puter ....while it hasn't disappeared like the legs it is more bearable.

Good luck

ISM
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems