cramps around joints anyone

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: cramps around joints anyone

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:28 pm

hi, lou lou and ism,

i to have restles legs and like you ism i do get it in my arm from kneck to elbows i find this the worst and iv even taken extra amis and tramadol as it drives me mad like a horrid pain and jerking not getting ant release no matter what you do ,

i havnt done the epsom salt bath yet as our son is in the middle of doing the bathroom and i have just been haveing a quick dip as im scared of the spiders that are coming out of haole where the tiles have been removed

not very relaxing,

your mum sounds like a lovely lady lou lou to do that to help you is wonderful , i hope you have a grat 30th birthday that age seems a long time ago lol.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:38 am

Iceskatemum wrote:Re your RLS . I have had these for ages and didn't know what it was or that it was all part & parcel of the Fibro until recently but as I said before I have been trying Epsom salt baths and they seem to have disapeared this last week or two . Might be coincidence I don't know but just sharing my experience.

ISM I haven't heard of Epsom salt before but I live in my bath so would love to try this, do you know where I could get some? I'm willing to try anything to prevent RLS happening. Luckily it has happened only a handful of times in the last month but each time it does it lasts the entire night and by morning my whole body feels completely worn out and tender and I end up like a zombie from no sleep.

Thanks MB yeah my mum is fab my dad is too. They live half an hour away from me but are looking to move closer to me when they retire in a few years. My mum just really wanted to do something that would help me, she helps us with money when we need it etc but she wanted to do something to actually help my pain. So when I found that massage worked she took an intensive training course for months (which cost a lot!) just so I wouldn't have to pay out £45 a week for one and to be honest she has given me so many massages now the course has practically paid for itself. And I am finding they are really helping my pain levels.

My mum does all sorts of research too and got me some magnesium and calcium tablets to try. Been taking them for nearly 2 weeks now - no noticable difference but I'll stick with it - can't do me any harm right? lol

The big 3-0 oh my lol :shock:
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:04 pm

hi, lou lou your parents are both amazing and even though im very jealous it good to hear that they understand when so mant dont,

let me know how the supplyments go please and i will try them as well as the epsome salts,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

cramps around joints anyone

Postby Bexbexbex » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi!
I get cramps in my muscles in my back and calfs, apparently linked to my Fibro. Also restless leg syndrome is also cause by Fibro, I get this a lot at night time.

Hope it gets easier for u x
Bexbexbex
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:18 am

MB I so wish that everyone could have the parents and support I have. If I could just get my inlaws and my OH's brothers to understand my illness then all would be perfect lol but life isn't like that.

It really upsets me when I see that people on here who I have grown to know don't have the support they need. I hope all is going ok with your parents MB :-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:43 pm

HI everyone, :chicken-dance:

Loulou, Epsom salts also know by its chemical name of magnesium sulphate and can be bought in most chemists. It shouldn't be too expensive a small tub is usually just over a £ if you get the own brand .

It can be taken internally (usually for constipation) as well as through your skin. there are articles on the net which raves about it theraputic benefits . I can only go on my own achievment . the Epsom baths really seemed to help my pain & cramps in my leg.

BExbexbex might be worth you giving it a go as well.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Aaaahhh ISM that's what my mum was telling me about but the info she had found just called it magnesium salt and it said you had to stay in the bath with it for 20 minutes for enough to absorb in your skin? Not a problem for me as I'm often in the bath long enough to go all pruney lol.

I'm currently on magnesium/calcium/vitamin D tablets my mum got me and been on them for 2 weeks so far (2 with a main meal once a day) and not had any restless legs or nighmare nights I had before so fingers crossed this is what is helping and that another attack isn't just round the corner.
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:16 pm

hi, lou lou, just to up date you i went to drs today about the cramps,

well i have had blood tests to check things out asked me if i was taking any supliments like calcium but i dont take anything apart from what he perscribes,

checked reflexs, coordination, strenghth in arms and legs, asked me if i drank alchohol as i have a tremmer and if a drink stopped it( i drink very little now and then) he must have thought i was a drinker i may have been if it didnt make me sick ha ha,

and the up shot is i have to go back 26th for a memory test and mentioned a nurologist so no wiser sorry just more worried,

my mum and dad are strugglein at the moment with my mum still feeling ill and weak and now my dad has got hiself so worked up he has been perscibed a mild dose of antidepresents,

i have given up on trying to get my mum to understand me and like it has always been its me who trys to sort things out,

please dont get me wrong i love my parents and will always do what i can but i just wish i was fit and could help more and then i wouldnt feel so guilty when i see my dad trying to do everything ,

i have been sorting them out with food ( well hubby has) and the girls at work have been getting there dinner ready for him to pick up,

anyway im going on a bit now and i should count myself licky that i do have a hubby who dose his best by me,

like you have said life would be easier if everyone understood,

i hope you are doing ok .

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:01 am

Hi MB

Thank you for the update, my appointment is on 23rd (next Tuesday) so will post how I get on.

I'm sorry you don't seem to be getting many answers at the moment, I'm sure your GP just wants to rule everything out but I know it's hard not to worry about things.

I hope your mum and dad both feel much better soon, I know it's hard when someone you love doesn't understand you. My sister is the same as your parents, she is in some kind of denial and won't talk about my illness (think we's chatted about this before) but at the weekend we were all out on the town for my OH's brothers birthday and she had quite a bit to drink. All night she kept asking if I was ok, making sure I had somewhere to sit, went everywhere with me lol. They say drink lowers peoples inhibitions........well it made my sister show her caring side lol.

We just have to plod on as we are and keep things ticking over as smoothly as we can. I know that guilt all too well MB so it's no good me saying for you to try not to feel guilty. Just wanted you to know you aren't alone in the way you feel. I wish I could do more for my parents to thank them for what they do for me, but they know I love them and your parents know you love and care for them too - sometimes some people just struggle to show their feelings/emotions.

Take Care of your self MB, sending you lots of :hugs:
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:59 pm

hi, lou lou,

thank you for your support it dose help us to know we arnt alone in this,

today we found out that my mum has emphasiemis(not sure of spelling) and she has known for 3 years and its only because she was rushed to hospital last night with breathing problems again,

so maybe i shouldnt be to upset about how she is about my illnes when she has had this on her mind i know she wouldnt of wanted us to find out as we were always telling her about smoking,

i was a little upset about how it was left to my son to tell me this morning as he was there last night he was very woriied about his grandma,

but i should be thinking about her and my dad not thinking about my self ,

sorry going on again but i cant help it sometimes,

its your birthday when you go to drs so i hope you get some good news,

thank you for the hugs and sending some back to you xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:00 am

MB I've sent you a private message.

Sending you lots of :hugs:
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Fri May 03, 2013 4:47 pm

hi, just to update,

my gp has given me quinine to try to help with the cramps,

will start them in the morning, and will let you know if they help,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems