coldness

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

coldness

Postby cherylb » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:20 pm

I know this might sound strange but does anyone have coldness in the face. my nose and cheeks get really cold as if I am standing in a fridge although I am in a warm house
will eventually get there....wherever THERE may be
cherylb
cherylb
UKFM Member

Re: coldness

Postby denys » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:15 pm

My nose is always cold and my feet :-? :-? :-? :-?
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherylb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:26 pm

thank you denys I was beginning to think I was imagining it
will eventually get there....wherever THERE may be
cherylb
cherylb
UKFM Member

Postby lolo73 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 pm

I am just very generally cold, my hands and feet in particular. I really can't take any kind of draft, I spend my life shouting shut the door at the kids and Dh. I have had my heating on constantly since October. :yikes:
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi
Yes, my nose, ears, hands & feet are always cold, even in the summer they are still cold. :yikes: I hate it. :(
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby monica » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:17 am

Yep my extremities are usually cold. I'm the same with drafts, I can't stand sudden changes of temperature either. :(
monica
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:51 am

I also suffer from cold hands toes and the very bottom of my back. Was told I may have Raynauds syndrome many years ago when it was really . I put it down to my working conditions at the time but is always with me but at different intensity depending on what i,'m doing.

Seems Raynaud's is quite common alongside FM might be worth talking to GP next time you have an appointment .

Take care
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:32 am

I'm another one with constantly cold feet/hands and nose. Even when I'm warm, my nose will be freezing lol.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby beth.williams3 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Yep, same here although took awhile to convince my GP to give me Nifedipine to help with the situation. Raynauds Disease is the cause of our problems and you have to admit blue feet are amusing - mine goes part way up each leg now. Luckily for me the face area is less affected; but my hands seriously hurt with the cold and nerve damage I have in both feet means that I barely notice the problem there. :-|
beth.williams3
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:20 pm

I have had Raynauds for many years. I carry a light pair of gloves with me even in the summer. Freezers at the shops and picking up frozen items are instigators in triggdring things. Even a cool evening or a breeze when we are out on the boat does the same. Anxiety also triggers Raynauds. This winter has been the worst with my nose getting worse, the pain can be excruciating. I have also experienced my eyeballs feel like they have actually frozen over. I live in Canada and this year hasn't been extremely cold in southern Ontario.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems