re shocked that i seem to be sleeping my life away?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

re shocked that i seem to be sleeping my life away?

Postby marianne p » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:21 pm

hi everyone,feel like i have been hit with a brick lately,all i want to do most afternoons is sleep,i have been dizzy and lacking energy lately,the last 2 days have been hard,i managed to have a shower today,the first one for 2 days,i live alone,i do have friends who phone and sometimes come round,i order shopping on line which is a lifesaver,i do have shops near by,but do have energy to do much lately,have hardly left the flat for days,will have to get a shower stool for my own safety! {i have a wet room} i feel like an old lady{im 33} sorry about the moan.marianne p x :yikes: :sleep: :too-upset: :grouphug:
marianne p
UKFM Member

Re: re shocked that i seem to be sleeping my life away?

Postby LouLou » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:30 am

Hi marianne

I know how you feel, I get times where I will just sleep and sleep. Easter weekend I spent most of the time sleeping but I did feel much better after so my body must have needed it. Either this is your body telling you that you need to rest, or maybe it's the side effects from the painkillers you are on? It could also be thetimes you take them which could be making you feel sleepy all the time.

During a flare up I find I sleep more so that could also be a reason? I know that often in the afternoon when OH is at work I find myself getting sleepy and wanting a nap. Sometimes I find getting a bit of fresh air wakes me up and I don't end up falling asleep, but sometimes nothing works and I take that to mean my body needs some rest.

If you have trouble getting outside for a short walk try just standing/sitting on your back doorstep or in your garden if you have one? A few deep breaths of fresh air can work wonders.

I hope this helps.

Hope you feel better soon
x
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Hi Marianne

You should mention it to your gp and get a blood test done just to check you have nothing going on.

Fatigue is a symptom and can make you feel drained, it can also be a side affect of your medication.

When i get like this i have no option but to go with it, i cant fight it off but for me i can rarely sleep, my body wants to sleep but my brain will not switch off, i dont know what is worse, being asleep all the time or a body in pain wanting to be asleep. :crazy: :crazy: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby marianne p » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:29 pm

its funny you should say that as i had blood tests and a chest x-ray done on tuesday,[9th] and have been called into doctors this coming monday{15th},the only new thing lately is my beta-blockers as my pulse was too fast and making feel ill,but i feel very down too.marianne p x :yikes: :sleep: :waiting: :crazy:
marianne p
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:26 pm

:goodluck1: with your apt at the doc. Let us know how you get on. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby marianne p » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:11 pm

going to doctors was a waste of time,he said the d-dimer test they do to check clotting or for blood clots was a bit abnormal,at first he said i would have to go to hospital and then after checking my hospital letter from last month,he said no i will be ok,i wish they would make their mind up!! he said clotting level was lower than last month,which is suppose to be good?? i think i will have to see another doctor as i dont understand all of it?marianne p x :yikes: :nono: :!: :too-upset: :dunno:
marianne p
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Hope you get some answers soon Marianne :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems