Dizziness and Vertigo

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dizziness and Vertigo

Postby PhoebeCat » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:20 pm

Does anyone suffer from severe dizziness and vertigo on a daily basis? I was diagnosed with Labyrinthitis nearly two years ago, a condition that usually only lasts for a few weeks but can last longer. I am wondering though if they are just other symptoms of the Fibro. I find that the condition is usually worse when stressed or tired but the headaches and the fibro fog are also worse at the same time too. I have tried to explain to the doctor, exactly how it feels but I dont think they understand and I dont know how long I can go on feeling like this. I have the dizziness/vertigo everyday and it can all start even before I get out of bed. I lose my balance, fall over and dont feel safe walking up and down the stairs.
PhoebeCat
UKFM Member

Re: Dizziness and Vertigo

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:48 pm

I do, they were the first things that appeared symptom~wise for me and led to me being treated for Menieres for 4 years with absolutely no improvement in things. It was only when other things started appearing and I saw the same audiologist who performed balanced tests on me 4 years previously that different connections started to be made and it was eventually decided that it was all related to my migraines.

If you have concerns about the labyrinthitis dx, you could try somethng like keeping a diary for a while of how you are affected by the dizziness and vertigo, for how long and how often it affects you and anything else you think may be relevant, then go and see your GP with it to see what they have to say.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Dizziness and Vertigo

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:39 am

I was seeing a nuro-otologist back in 2008 for severe dizziness and balance problems and after lots of tests got told i have Migraine Associated Vertigo. Fibro didnt kick in properly untill 2010 and got diagnosed in 2011. I know alot of people do have dizziness and balance problems with fibro and fibro probably does make mines worse but i do believe i have 2 conditions. It is not a nice condition to live with.lucky after 5 years my dizziness isnt everyday anymore, well the constant spinning isnt everyday. Stil have the light headed nausea most days.
Who diagnosed you?
Vic x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems