Hayfever...

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hayfever...

Postby SuperCat007 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:50 am

Has anybody else been diagnosed with Hayfever since they got fibro? I have NEVER suffered any hayfever symptoms until I got fibro. I used to spend most of my time outside and now just spending about an hour out there and I can't cope, especially with it being so windy too! I obviously take the tablets etc, but is there anything else that people use that they have found works?

I also wondered if anybody has experienced any remission in hayfever symptoms by gradually increasing their exposure to the outside world? As I never had pollen allergies until recently (the last 3-4 years) when my life has been increasingly spent indoors and mostly sedentary, I wondered if going outside for short amounts of time and gradually increasing that time might help my symptoms. Has anybody tried this? It is difficult because there are days when I spend more time out that others, like days when I manage to get my dog to dog training, or if I want to take him for a longer walk. But on the whole I thought I would start with about 15 mins 2x a day and try to build it up by 5-10 mins every week. Any thoughts?
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Re: Hayfever...

Postby LouLou » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:55 pm

Hi supercat007

I've suffered with hayfever before FM, but mine was a bit sporadic lol. Some years I'd really suffer and other years I wouldn't suffer at all. I rely on the antihistemines you can get over the counter - the non drowsy ones as I already feel tired enough during the day lol. I tend to take one an hour before I need to leave the house so it has time to kick in.

The last few years it hasn't been particularly bad and fingers crossed it stays that way as I know how horrible it can be when it hits, especially when it's so lovely outside and you want to be out and about.

May be worth a chat with your GP as they can prescribe something stronger if you really are struggling and over the counter remedies don't work.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Re: Hayfever...

Postby denys » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:12 pm

I've always had hayfever for as long as I can remember anyway, so mine was pre fibro too sorry
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems