White nails

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

White nails

Postby SoulShirl » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:00 pm

Over the last week ive noticed how white my nails have become, need to try to get to doctors. Scared silly by what it could mean but its always really hard getting appointments.
SoulShirl
UKFM Newbie

Re: White nails

Postby denys » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:53 pm

Try not to worry too much just try for an appointment and hopefully it wont be anything to worry about :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:18 am

Do your hands and feet get really cold...if so the white colour could be a symptom of raynauds which seems to be one of those "sister " illnesses that go along with Fm.

try not to worry or stress about it although appreciate that thats difficult to do sometimes. ... you have done what you can by making an appointment with the GP .

Hope things go well for you

soft hugs :grouphug:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby whoami » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:22 am

SoulShirl, my nails have become whiter over the years. I always thought it was a vitamin deficiency.

I have Raynauds syndrome. What happens with Raynauds and me is the blood vessels react to the cold or anxiety. My hands turn white, sometimes purpleish and I get severe pain. As I warm them up they go very red and sometimes the pain increases. I carry light gloves in my bag even in the summer. The freezer dept in the grocery store sets it off.

There are a few reasons your nails can change colour. Let us know what you find out.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:15 pm

*Sits here looking at nails*

Iceskatemum wrote:Do your hands and feet get really cold...if so the white colour could be a symptom of raynauds which seems to be one of those "sister " illnesses that go along with Fm.

Yep its all white over here and im also a raynauds sufferer

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Mine are also white. :yikes:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby SoulShirl » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Well ive seen the gp and he looked at me and said straight .......its an age thing :(

Soemtimes my hands do get warm and I do wonder if it may be fibro related, ive only got moons and my thumbs too

x x
SoulShirl
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems