Pins & needles

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pins & needles

Postby tigger2012 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi

I was just wondering if others suffer from pins & needles frequently? I have been getting them a lot lately in my hands,feet and also up my entire leg from toes to hip. Is this another fibro thing or something else?

Thanks

Liz :-)
tigger2012
UKFM Member

Re: Pins & needles

Postby julia1red » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi I have them too, for a year now so scary so annoying isn't it x
julia1red
UKFM Member

Postby susanasilva » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi.
I have them too for a very long time.
Recently, it feels like ants crawling up my legs.
God Help us.

Take care
susanasilva
UKFM Newbie

Postby tigger2012 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:11 pm

It does feel like ants!! I think I'm going mad sometimes coz keep brushing my legs as feels like something crawling up them!

Good to know I'm not going mad!

Does worry me though,but reassuring to know its prob just another symptom to add to the ever growing list! :-?
tigger2012
UKFM Member

Postby vikkig » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:26 pm

I've had them constantly for bout 7 years in hands, arms, legs and feet. Now get it on my head and face, which feels really weird when it goes numb! It's got so I don't notice them that much unless I stay still or they really flare, had loads of things to try and treat them but nothing worked.
vikkig
UKFM Newbie

Postby kazza65 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:34 pm

hi

snap i've had them for quite a while in my hands and finger it is very annoy and yeah it does feel like ants..

i told my doctor ages ago and he said don't worry about it.

I told my consultant about it and he said not to worry until i has the senation in my legs then for long periods then he would investigate it because it could be a sigh my bulging disc could have moved further out..

chin up and big hugs..
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Postby beth.williams3 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:36 pm

I just had a DLA Tribunal in which I told the Panel about experiencing pins and needles in my hands and arms, they pretty much didn't believe me. The problem is confounded by having Raynauds Disease too. So imagine freezing cold hand that is numb with pins and needles and you can see me. Sadly, the worst affected hand is my right one and I am right handed. So numb hand not soo good for continuing withdaily chores.... and I definitely wouldn't try gripping a sharp knife again. :-?
beth.williams3
UKFM Newbie

Postby sweetie pie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Yes pins & needles non stop & pulse feelings non stop, the pins & needle feelings can be like hot needles going through your hands, about another 4 things on the hands to as well , you get really sick of it constant though,& if you say to people they just think your crazy
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby cameron1 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:19 am

I get this in my hands and feet. It so intense that it is painful.

My hands particularly seize up and I cant move them or hold anything.

And its pretty frightening actually if it happens when i'm driving. I cant feel the pedals under my feet.

Nothing seems to trigger it, they just come on.

My GP wasn't too fussed either. Guess it's not that important when your not the one who has to live with it.
cameron1
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:52 am

Totally agree with you there, they haven't a clue what we have got to deal with Daily,

Horrid and dreadful feelings fibro is for us All
:crazy:
xx
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems