Swollen feet and swollen painful knees

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Swollen feet and swollen painful knees

Postby penfriend » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Hello there friends. Has anyone else suffered with swollen painful feet, especially ankles, and also very swollen painful knees? This has happened to me fairly recently, well a couple of months or so. I am disabled anyway, but now have to lay most of the day and night with legs raised in order that there might be some improvement. If I have my legs down for any length of time, they swell up again.
sincerely, penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Re: Swollen feet and swollen painful knees

Postby shazq » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi

The swelling will not be down to fibro, are they red and hot? my ankles and knees hurt so i went to see my gp about them thinking it might be arthritis, mine are not swollen so he put it down to fibro/crohns.

He told me if i had arthritis they joints would be swollen, red and inflamed. You should have them looked at by your gp. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Swollen feet and swollen painful knees - high blood pres

Postby penfriend » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:29 pm

No, my swollen feet and knees are not red. I mentioned it to my doctor but she rather ignored it altogether. Whilst writing, though its a different subject, I wonder if there are any members here who have high blood pressure. If so, I can tell you a natural remedy, and its quite amazing. My blood pressure, all my life, has been on the high side, but these last 8 months, still very high, even on a BP drug.
The doctor put me on a higher dose of BP drug but it made me feel so very ill, I discontinued it and returned to the lower dose, but still no sign of it coming down. I had tried several natural methods, which worked a little, but not sufficiently. Then a USA friend told me to try drinking beetroot juice, so bought some in Sainsbury's, and in 3 days, I was absolutely amazed. I took one 8oz glass a day, not really liking it, but getting desperate. It has worked a treat. I am leaving it off for a couple of days as had some stomach troubles, in case it was due to that. I am going to mix it now with some apple or other juice so its not so strong, and hopefully, keep my own BP in check. Even the doctor could not believe it when I told him today. Hope this helps someone too. sincerely, penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed May 01, 2013 2:23 am

Penfriend, my feet and knees have started swelling in the last couple of months. I normally have the knobbiest knees you have ever seen, almost funny. Lately they have been swelling along with my normal boney ankles. I am going to mention it to Dr when I see him. The pain in my ankles is new but the knee pain has been forever. One of my Dr's. Who also has fibro had suggested years ago that my knees, hips and feet might swell with pain.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby penfriend » Mon May 06, 2013 4:25 pm

Thanks for responding whoami, sorry to hear you also have swollen knees and feet. I still have this, and need to keep my legs up during the day and at night (with bed raised). Dr, just said its Fibro. I am using aloe vera gel twice a day to cool it. sincerely, penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems