indigestion

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

indigestion

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:27 pm

do any of u suffer with indigestion all the time im taking zantac every day i thought i had a hernia,as i can feel a lump but dr dont seem to think so, is it just another gift from fibro.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: indigestion

Postby liv » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:44 pm

I have eliminated wheat and dairy from my diet (most of the time!) and notice quite a difference.
liv
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:48 pm

Indigestion and reflux is something that affects quite a lot of us. For me, as well as FM contributing to it, I find that meds can make it worse. At my worse, I was :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: after every single thing I ate and drank :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: As otc treatments made absolutely no difference, I finally mentioned it to my GP who gave me lansoprazole, which has made a huge difference to things.

If things aren't settling for you with the zantac, a trip to your GP might be needed to see if there is something else that could help you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby yummyhunnybunny » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:09 pm

I suffer with indigestion some days, then it can be acid indigestion which drives me mad, I try Ranitidine, its the same drug as Zantac and is a lot cheaper,if that does'nt work I get Lansoprasole from my doctor I find that the foods that upset me the most are things which a fatty so I try for a diet which is low in fat. I eat live yogurt and keep off anything containing sulphites they are preservatives in cooked meat, sausages etc. But even then I have bad days and good days! :( .......Fibro is a very strange condition .....it does'nt seem to follow any rules... :-? :-? ..hoping you can get some relief from your tummy trouble, I do understand fully how hard it can be to try and function with that pain and all the other pains and niggles all us Fibromites have to deal with!.
yummyhunnybunny
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:35 am

I have gone back on lansoprazole for the same reasons as FP even a toasted tea cake after about 20 min would get the heartburn can't eat pastry well if I do I know about it later , even the flavored water are to gasses ,water them down , on the upside they last longer make three bottles become 6 :lol: used to have a glass of wine :wine: at night with my meal that's a think of the past :( on the upside again less calories :roll: life is such fun :roll: :roll:
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Hi
I have to take omeprazole for reflux acid.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems