Fibro and cfs

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro and cfs

Postby Gig » Thu May 02, 2013 7:53 am

I have now been given a diagnosis....was at my neuro on Tuesday and told me I have chronic fatigue syndrome, he has also said fibro but he doesn't know enough about it to diagnose me with this so I will be passed over to a rheumatologist!
I have to get my amatryptaline changed to something else!
I'm a bit scared of changing meds, has anyone changed meds and did it make you feel worse/better while changing?
Thanks for reading x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gillian x
Gig
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro and cfs

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 02, 2013 2:15 pm

There are few of us on here with both conditions Gillian, myself included, so you're in good company. Hopefully it won't be too long before you get to see the rheumy and get the FM dx confirmed as well :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

It's understandable that you're uncertain about changing meds, esp if you've been on the amis for a while and find them beneficial/helpful. I've changed meds a few times for different reasons, and each time it has been different as to how I have reacted and felt.

For some, I had to slowly reduce the dosage of the one I was taking down to zero before I could start the replacement, and during the reduction I found I felt worse which carried on after I had started the alternative med until I was used to it. For some tho, it was a straight swap over, so there was no real noticeable difference in how I felt.

It might be worth talking to your GP about the alternative med the neuro has suggested and see what they think. With them being familiar with you and your history, they should be able to tell you about it's possible suitability for you, what you might experience during change~over etc.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems