Feeling like ur going to faint and Fibro?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling like ur going to faint and Fibro?

Postby countyfan » Thu May 09, 2013 11:44 am

Need your help and advice,

I have been having recurring episodes, where I have a sudden stabbing headache and dizziness. I did actually faint a couple of times but mostly its like a really bad nauseous feeling and although I am not actually sick, I have to go and lie right down flat.

This morning it happened as I was coming down the stairs, so I stumbled and hit my hip, on the stair gate we have for when our toddler grandchildren come! I also feel like I have pins&needles/loss of sensation, all over my body and have excessive sweating.

Have been putting it all down to the Fibro until this last week, when it has been accompanied by a racing of/palpitations in my heart. Feels just like my heart is going to jump out of my chest! I have made an appointment to see my GP tomorrow but just wondered if anyone else has had similar symptoms and what it turned out to be?

Thanks for your help....
:roll:
countyfan
UKFM Member

Re: Feeling like ur going to faint and Fibro?

Postby masonsbarms » Thu May 09, 2013 4:41 pm

hi, you have done the right thing by seeing your gp

i do get dizzy spells that sometimes makes me feel sick and shakey but this is being looked at to see if its my balance,

your gp will be better placed to tell you it could be migrain although i only get these very rarly but they do wipe me out if i do get one,

hope fully your gp will sort this out for you.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu May 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Hi
I do go through stages of dizzy spells and get thumping headaches but i do suffer with migraines which i have to take daily meds for.

You are doing the right thing by going to get it checked out, my partner has fibro and he sweats really bad, he also has palpitations and a racing heart, his has had tests done like an ecg and other things but they came back ok. the gp has put the sweats down to fibro and said there is nothing he can do about them which is annoying because its non stop. :(

:goodluck1: at the docs. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby countyfan » Thu May 09, 2013 5:45 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I don't like to bother GP but also didn't want to just put it down to the Fibro and ignore it either.

Jane :-)
countyfan
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu May 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Hope your appointment goes well , let us know how you get on.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri May 10, 2013 12:35 am

Best to get things checked out properly countyfan, hope everything goes OK for you :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby whoami » Fri May 10, 2013 12:46 am

Please let us know how you get on at the Dr's. TKS. Take care
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby countyfan » Fri May 10, 2013 10:10 am

Hi All,

Just got back from GP's. She really is marvellous and understanding. So glad I found a good GP!
Am being referred to local hospital for 24hr heart tracing and 24hr B.P reading. She said trying the simpler causes first and if that doesn't show anything wrong will refer me to a Neurologist to see if it could be nerve related.

She definitely didn't think it was just Fibro related but did wonder if it was due to anxiety. I don't feel especially anxious when the attacks happen but I suppose it could be physiological anxiety rather than mental?

Anyway, we'll know more after I've had these tests.

Thanks again for all your help and concern.. :-)
countyfan
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Fri May 10, 2013 5:56 pm

hi, glad you have a good gp and that they can comeup with some answers for you,

you shouldnt think you are bothering your gp i said this to my gp well i said hi its the pest again

he told me not to think like that as if we all put thingd down to just the fibro we arnt doing a good job and could miss someting that was as important and that if i had any new or worening symptoms i had to go and see him,

now i do believe he knows ill pnly go is its nessasery, so you must to.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems