advice please

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

advice please

Postby jabse » Sun May 12, 2013 10:53 am

i was hoping for a bit of advice please. For quite i while i have been suffering with really bad headaches, complete lack of energy, and a constant aching in my back,legs and shoulders. I could sleep for ten hours or four hours and i still wake up feeling really tired. I went to the docs a couple of weeks ago and he signed me of saying i had "fatigue" and to come back in a couple of weeks. Well two weeks later and i still feel just as tired, just as achy and still no energy. I have been on anti depressants for a while but still feel the same. Should i be concerned that it is more than just fatigue as it is really starting to get me down.
jabse
UKFM Newbie

Re: advice please

Postby *Lisa* » Sun May 12, 2013 11:09 am

jabse wrote:i was hoping for a bit of advice please. For quite i while i have been suffering with really bad headaches, complete lack of energy, and a constant aching in my back,legs and shoulders. I could sleep for ten hours or four hours and i still wake up feeling really tired. I went to the docs a couple of weeks ago and he signed me of saying i had "fatigue" and to come back in a couple of weeks. Well two weeks later and i still feel just as tired, just as achy and still no energy. I have been on anti depressants for a while but still feel the same. Should i be concerned that it is more than just fatigue as it is really starting to get me down.

:welcome:

Chronic Fatigue can cause a multitude of symptoms that mimick that of fibro and also the two can go together.

Fatigue symptoms are widespread aches and pains as well as headaches and no matter how long you sleep you still wake up shattered.

You will feel weak and loss of energy.

If you put in CFS or chronic fatigue syndrome in the search bar you can read up on peoples stories and see symptoms and also how to help symptoms.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby jabse » Sun May 12, 2013 11:18 am

cheers will do.....i've had enough of feeling like this and having my other moan about me being lazy...i joke with my kids and say i,m falling apart lol
jabse
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sun May 12, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi jabse

Fatigue is a nightmare for me, it strips my energy levels and makes my body feel so heavy, i have daily headaches and always feel so tired, it does not matter how much or little i sleep i still feel the same.

Some days my body needs a nap during the day but my brain will not switch off so i will just have a rest and close my eyes which can help.

Try to pace yourself, do something for 30minutes then have a rest for 10mins to recharge your batteries, try doing things at a slower pace so you are not rushing around.

Keep up with your fluids.

I have never found a way to fight fatigue when my body feels ready to drop i have to rest.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby jabse » Mon May 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Will take advice on board...only prob is that between work, 3 kids and a non understanding wife its not that easy lol
jabse
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Have you tried showing Mrs Jabse some of the info on here to see if it can help her understand things a little more. The Spoon Theory and One To Show The Non~Believers do a great job of putting across how things can be for us. You could even print them up for her to read thru in her own time then talk things thru and see what you can all do together to try and make things a little more manageable for you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems