[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hypnotism

Hypnotism

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hypnotism

Postby lolabolla » Mon May 13, 2013 7:06 pm

I am seriously considering going for this 'hypnoband' way of losing weight.

From what I have read it has some success.

Having stopped a 40 a day habit with hypnotism 11 years ago, what have I got to lose.

I first saw it advertised on 'Lorraine' with that handsome doctor oohhh....

.......anyway, I have googled practitioners in my area and am having my first consulatation tomorrow.

Has anyone elso tried this form of weight loss.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Re: Hypnotism

Postby fibro-lu » Mon May 13, 2013 7:57 pm

hi Lola,

no, I haven't, haven't even heard of it

when I started to take Quetiapine 16 month ago, I also started to put on some weight (from 63kg to 80kg)

lost a little bit of weight (about 3 kg) over the last few month
putting it down to having not much of an appetite lately :squirrel_nut:
or to the fact that I am by default ment to be slim :woot:
or that my metabolism adjusted to the drugs I am taking :twodrinking2:

good luck for tomorrow
:blowkiss:
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon May 13, 2013 8:14 pm

I have heard it can work so go for it, Groupon sometimes do a money off coupon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 13, 2013 8:26 pm

There have been a few articles and reports in different magazines and papers about how effective it can be. Will be interesting to hear how you go on with it Lola :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby lolabolla » Mon May 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Thanks for your replies :-D

I just have to get the weight off as my youngest son is getting married in Ibiza in May next year.

Being the mother of the groom I would hate to let him down.

I don't want to look like a full grown hippo in their wedding album.

I'm also hoping that the relaxed state that hypnotism produces may help with the fibro to. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue May 14, 2013 4:02 pm

:goodluck1: with it Lola, hope it works for you. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems