Pain near Kidneys

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain near Kidneys

Postby helenclaire » Wed May 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi All, does anyone know anything about pain near the kidneys and if it can be related to Fibro (I'm guessing it can!). Could it just be another one of those unexplainable things?

It usually only lasts a day or two and I know when it's about to start because I go a bit dizzy and things go out of focus. In the past when I've had it I've gone straight to the doctors and they've tested me for Uterine Infections, but they always come back negative, so I'm reluctant to go yet again!

I drink plenty of water so I know I'm not dehydrated. It's just confusing because I don't know what it is?? :-?

Thank you xx
helenclaire
UKFM Member

Re: Pain near Kidneys

Postby bekwey » Wed May 15, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi, yes I get that, and in fact have had several bleeds too :( Because I have an interest in nutrition and have lived with diarrohea for years I started marking what I was eating and when the bleeds occured. It turns out that I have low stomach acid (same symptoms as too much) , can't digest wheat, meat, nuts, eggs and lettuce, and if I try I get a bad bout of passing nearly water. Have researched it and found that the muscle at the bottom of the stomach won't open if enough stomach acid isn't present, but eventually when it does the stomach contents have ben there far too long and turn into a nasty slurry type thing that the gut cannot use. I now know that if I get a bad bout of diarrohea, then it will be followed by a bleed from the bladder/kidneys. For me it is just trial and error, but am pushing the GP to test for magnesium and to precribe some digestive enzymes. Good luck with it and maybe try a test to see if any blood is present in your urine :)
bekwey
UKFM Member

Postby SuperCat007 » Sun May 19, 2013 2:34 pm

I do, always between late July-early September, I had a kidney infection then a few years ago and since then I always get pains there at that time and feel quite rough. Have you ever had anything like that which your body could be reacting to?
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun May 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi
Yes i do get lots of pain around that area but if its new pain for you you should get it look at by your gp because it might not be connected to fibro, its always best to be on the safe side in case you have an infection. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Flaw » Wed May 29, 2013 1:20 pm

I thought this was just me!
I get terrible pains around my kidneys and my back. All my UTI tests come back negative (I get cystitis all the time) and once it got so bad the Dr told me to go to A and E as I was vomiting and feverish. They tested me there and again, everything clear. They looked at me like I was mad and wasting their time. I now get kidney pains and back ache quite often, although especially when I'm run down.
Flaw
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed May 29, 2013 2:55 pm

I agree....anything new, anything old that lasts longer or seems not quite right, see your Dr.

Anything with bleeding should be checked no question.

Flaw....your Dr was right to send you to the emergency dept. He would have been concerned about Toxic Shock Syndrome because of the fever, and bleeding.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems