Heart rate and dizziness

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Heart rate and dizziness

Postby bellydancer » Thu May 16, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been diagnosed since November last year and I have 8 hydrotherapy sessions and to keep uo the exercise after those sessions I have been using a bike in the gym ( very gently) and going swimming. I have noticed that when I use the bike and my heart rate goes higher tha 130 I feel quite dizzy and have to ease off for quite a while until it comes back down nearer 120.

I have also found the pain in my jaw becoming worse and it can be quite painful to eat breakfast. I was wondering if anyone could offer any advise.

I take gabapentin 3 times a day ( 1500mg per day) 25mg of amitriptylene at night time and paracetamol as required because most painkillers will upset my stomach very easily.

Any advice would be much appreciated. :-)
bellydancer
UKFM Newbie

Re: Heart rate and dizziness

Postby denys » Fri May 17, 2013 12:12 am

A visit to the dentist for the pain in your jaw as it could be TMJ, if they cant help then the docs might be able to sort it. The dizziness I would say you are pushing yourself a little too hard, again speak to a health professional, had you let your fitness level drop before these sessions :?: :?: :?: :?: as if you had then maybe you cant cope with the higher heart rate yet.

Also have you checked out your meds to see if they might be the cause :?: :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Heart rate and dizziness

Postby Angel777 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 am

I just wondered if its because you are using up your energy quota , which also maybe why you are getting pain in the jaw. I find if I use up the spoons I have left and go into minus by only one , then the pain and symptoms will kick in to a certain area, which is different each time it happens , sometimes it can be a jaw or a knee or my spine etc.
I find I have to be so mindful of balancing things really strictly . maybe if you timed your exercise and stop after so long to see if it helps , then you won't go into minus spoons. Everything is a muscle, as is your heart and it will tell you if it has used all its energy up , which with fibro is restricted as we know .
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems