[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Fibro & Early Menopause

Fibro & Early Menopause

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro & Early Menopause

Postby mactaff » Wed May 22, 2013 7:52 pm

I am new to this site but have had Fibro for many years now - like many I have to manage it with drugs & lifestyle choices. I am only 45 but I am now in the menopause, which isn't helping my health much..just wondered if anyone else in same boat & how if anything did HRT help or not ? I am about to start on it as I cannot deal with Menopause health issues ontop of the fibro ones !

Any info gratefully received. TU
mactaff
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibro & Early Menopause

Postby whoami » Wed May 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Mactaff.......I was 40 when I had my last period. I started on HRT at 45. I would be soaked through all my clothing, perspiring all day and night. I started on estrogen and progesterone and within 10 days it was like night and day.

I am now 56 and take the same medis. I take an antidepressant and my pain medication. Going on HRT was the best thing I did. I hope all goes well for you.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby mactaff » Thu May 23, 2013 8:16 am

Thank You.. I am looking forward to feeling better than I am at the moment.
mactaff
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibro-lu » Thu May 23, 2013 8:29 am

hi and :welcome:

been through early menopause
the sweating, the mood swings, the lot
came through and most of the time symptoms are gone

I am not sexually active and have no intentions to be
if you are than you need something to keep you moist (this could be HRT????) ask your GP or pharmacist
I didn't use HRT, could be you would have to take HRT for the rest of your life, because if you stop it, the process will start again?

there's a bit of reading

http://www.womens-health-concern.org/he ... apies.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormone_re ... (menopause)

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Hormone-re ... ction.aspx

http://www.womens-health-concern.org/he ... efits.html

http://www.womens-health-concern.org/he ... _Jun10.pdf

http://www.womens-health-concern.org/he ... pause.html

http://www.womens-health-concern.org/se ... j3143125j9
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu May 23, 2013 7:17 pm

I started early menopause as well, i have been on HRT for just over a yr now and all the hot sweats have stopped which is what was bothering me the most, i still get mood swings and down time but i am on antidepressants, it`s just trying to find the right balance.

I was lucky as the first type of HRT i tried worked for me, i did have to higher the dose but things feel better now.

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby latmaz » Sat May 25, 2013 8:05 am

i am 51 so a bit older but have been menopausal for approx 6 years or so. i thought i would fight thru it and come out the other side but this year decided enough was enough i couldnt put up with the flushes etc anymore on top of everything else

so 6 weeks agao i started on HRT and oh thankyou whoever invented it my hot flushes have gone from 8plus a night and nearly passing out during the day when i had them to just feeling a little hot sometimes. now wonder why i resisted taking them for so long

hope they have the same effect on u and u feel better soon
latmaz
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Sat May 25, 2013 8:41 am

I went through early menopause when I lost my father in April 2004.

My periods stopped in September a 2004 and all the hot sweats etc. were over by Christmas 2004.

I just thought my periods had stopped because of the stress, I think fibro started round about then to.

How wrong can you be :yikes:

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sat May 25, 2013 9:20 am

It seems like a lot of women are going through early menopause.

When I think about it, my periods started going whacky at about 35. I would miss a couple here and there. I was never heavy but then I started to hemorrhage. Every third or fourth month. We would have to go to hospital with it. Then at 40 everything stopped and I went on HRT at 45.

I did start young. It was six months after my 10th birthday. I also have had 6 miscarriages. I wonder if that had anything to do with starting early. I also have been plagued with ovarian cysts. I still have all my parts left, LOL. With all the surgery I am suprised.

Has anyone else started early and had issues?
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby latmaz » Sat May 25, 2013 1:56 pm

oh yes i was barely 10 when i started my periods!!! figured i deserved to finish early lol

i had a prolapsed cervix which was cauterised when i was 41 and not long after my periods started going weird with loads of bleeding, then nothing then another 2 weeks of bleeding etc etc. i was exhausted by it

apparently i have a very high cervix so was not suitable for the coil (which had been suggested as a way to regularise things) so when i was 43 i had an endometrial ablation which basically hoovered me out and from that point i havent bled YAAAY!!

then as i said above the last few years have had the rest of the menopause stuff to the point i started HRT 6 weeks ago

god its fun being a woman isnt it!!!!??!!!!
latmaz
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems