Does anyone else get this?......

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby PurpleRose » Fri May 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Since I can remember I have always had to "crack" my fingers/knuckles, I get periods where I don't do it at all then periods when it is constant, it fels like my knuckles are all in they wrong place and like my fingers need stretching so I am constantly scrunching my hand into a fist and twisting my wrist and then stretching my fingers and its not something I do every half hour I do it every 30seconds, not only is it aggravating to myself and everyone around me but its painful to do and doesn't help I also feel like I have been punched in the arm and my knee joint and toes feel the same as my hands. Can anyone relate to this or is it just me how I am or is it related to fibro, even tho I've only been recently diagnosed but have had to do this since forever. If anyone has any advice if they get this I would be so grateful it's been going in for a week now and is driving me mad!!

Thank you in advance!
Xxx
PurpleRose
UKFM Member

Re: Does anyone else get this?......

Postby shazq » Sat May 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Hi
Thats not related to fibro. Not sure why that is happening to you but you should mention it to you gp to see what they say.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sat May 25, 2013 9:53 pm

I dont but my sons do, I agree with Shaz it isnt Fibro related but you really should go and talk to your GP about it
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby PurpleRose » Sun May 26, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks guys. I didn't think it was, but just thought I would check I've had it since I was young and they always thought it was arthritis and tested me numerous times for that but had always came back clear. I'm use to living with it, comes and goes as and when it feels like it, I don't ask the doctor about it anymore as they just send me for blood tests to look for arthritis again :-/
Xx
PurpleRose
UKFM Member

Postby lolo73 » Sun May 26, 2013 9:49 pm

I am sure I read that it is air in the joints that make them crack. I don't think it is a symptom related to FMS but who knows!
lolo73
UKFM Member

Postby Wendy 28 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi there, I get pressure build up in my wrists and have to click them to release the pressure and pain. I get small clicks in between my vertebrae too. I was also told this was air pockets or gas pockets popping. All very weird xx
Wendy 28
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems