fatique

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fatique

Postby difly » Tue May 28, 2013 5:17 pm

hello I have been havin a pretty bad time lately lots of pain and fatique which wipes me out , ive had endless blood tests and dr says vit d levels are low , avnt had fatique this bad for a while does any one have any suggestions of how best to deal with the way Im feeling ?
had to stay off work this week to try and get some normality thats if it is possible x
difly
UKFM Member

Re: fatique

Postby masonsbarms » Tue May 28, 2013 6:00 pm

hi sorry you are feeling so bad but you have done the right thing taking some time out from work,

i think that the more rest i have the quicker things start to get better,

so rest your body and mind as much as you can i have learnt to tell people that if things are not urgent or very important dont bother me with them untill im feeling better as even the littlest thing can make it worse,

i used to get so worked up about son not keeping his room tidy now i leave it but hubby will come down the stairs saying his rooms a tip bla bla bla and i tell him divert stress from me dont add to it.

some people say push through its best but from my expierience it only prolongs things and sometimes mkes it worse,

but you know how you feel so do what you think your body needs.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby fibro-lu » Tue May 28, 2013 6:54 pm

hi Difly,

would suggest the same
if body needs rest, rest she will get :sleep:

try not to guilt trip yourself :nono:

if the dishes pile up, let them , same for washing, hoovering, clutter etc, they will not run away and will still be there in a few days without complaining and if those around you complain, stick you fingers in your ears and sing lalala (except for animals, little kids and the elderly and infirm)

wear comfy clothes, listen to relaxing back ground music, wash your brain a bit with lalaland

like the lounging on a lounger someone fanning some air "deverting stress from me" lalalala

a bit more lala and I end up under the carpet
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

fatique

Postby Wendy 28 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:20 pm

Hiya, I go from one to the other, that is chronic fatigue to insomnia. I don't get to choose what I have when it just makes me feel either way. Plenty of rest, low lighting, comfy clothes/sofa/bed and some meditation CDs on my iPod. I have to just go with the flow. Sleep when I'm tired and meditate when I can't get to sleep xx
Wendy 28
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Wed May 29, 2013 12:04 am

hi thankyou all for your advise fibro lu you cheered me up and i will have to take a leaf out of your book and just try and switch off .

wendy im sorry to hear you have chronic fatique and insomnia ,in the early days insomnia was awful not so much now its the fatique your advise is also helpful part of my problem is switching off and then i carnt always take time out because i try to keep on top of the fibro but over the last couple of years it is starting to take over

mason its only morerecently i acknowlege the efect of fibro on my mental health i am so glad i joined this forum i dont feel alone again thankyou hopefully things may pick up tomorrow take care xxx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby Otter65 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi the tiredness that goes with FM is the hardness think about this condition I find to come to terms with its the suddenness it which it can hit you just like you have been unplugged and
lose power shutdown and crash :yikes:

Things I used to do I find its like climbing a mountain so household chore just have to wait the kids are slowly learning that Mum isn't going to jump to it at there beck n call n hubby can start helping :shock:

The pain does get to much sometimes but being so tired I can't think in a way is worst

So I plan my day and watch for the first warning light that my batteries are getting low and if possible rest

This condition seems to effect us all differently and we all manage it in different ways but its good to knew you are not alone and we have a way to connect and share our problems

We all need a big hug

Xxx
Otter65
UKFM Member

Postby foxesmad » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:43 pm

I have had overwhelming fatigue for the last couple of years and have been on various medications, none of which seem to have worked. :( My sleep consultant changed my medication to a neupro patch today. He is also recommending that I don't drive for a while. All of this impacts on my ability to work as I cover the whole of the midlands.
Like the opinions expressed above I find that the body dictates when it needs rest. I had to have 3 weeks off work. Each day I got my son off to college then went back to bed and slept for another 3 hours. My late Mum always said "Well you must have needed it". I just wish other people including my employer would realise this is part of me and I need understanding not criticism. :roll: :sleep:
foxesmad
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems