dizziness and balance problems

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

dizziness and balance problems

Postby karen42 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:13 pm

hi everyone
Just a question to ask do any of you suffer from dizziness and balance problems I do and I find it very annoying :( I find when I try to Stand for a short period that my body seems to rock back and forth and the dizziness feels like ive had one two Many wish I had :-) I have nearly had a few falls with this balance problems is this linked to my fibromyalgia and the chronic fatigue I constantly experience from day to day
karen42
UKFM Member

Re: dizziness and balance problems

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 30, 2013 3:48 pm

I suffer with dizziness and balance problems, they were some of my first problems to appear. They can be linked to FM, but can also be due to other problems as well, in my case migraines are believed to be at the root of the problem.

I've lost count of the number of falls I've had over the years, and I need to be careful when moving in any direction as it doesn't take much for me to end up in a heap on the floor :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

There are meds etc that can help ease things, so seeing your GP about it might be worth considering, as well as for finding out what could be the cause of it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Thu May 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi Karen

I suffer with dizzy spells and balance problems, i have had some falls as well, i use a walking stick now which has helped to save me a lot of times.
I have weak legs/knees and ankles and they can just give way at any time. With my dizzy spells i can get wobbly and blurry eyes, i often bump into door frames :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 30, 2013 6:03 pm

shazq wrote:Hi Karen

I suffer with dizzy spells and balance problems, i have had some falls as well, i use a walking stick now which has helped to save me a lot of times.
I have weak legs/knees and ankles and they can just give way at any time. With my dizzy spells i can get wobbly and blurry eyes, i often bump into door frames :roll:

That could have been my post that shaz has put :lol: :lol: In fact i have a bruise on my arm as i walked into the corner of a wall yesterday at home :-? forgot it was there :facepalm: :hit1: :hit1: :hit1:

I find i rock back and forth to :shock: especially when sitting, i noticed this a while back when sitting waiting to see my GP i was rocking back and forth and couldnt stop it... :crazy: :crazy: i put it down to severe fatigue as i felt so ill with exhaustion back then.
Could also be the muscle weakness.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems