Not coping!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Not coping!

Postby annablack » Fri May 31, 2013 11:44 pm

Thanks Denys. I've calmed a bit as I've spent the evening out, but as soon as I stepped back into my house I felt crap again, but I've put the TV on and I'm going to try an get some sleep.
annablack
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:02 am

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for the :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: try not to dwell on things some decent sleep may help you stay calm :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby annablack » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:10 am

Thanks hun. I will do my best, but a bit of TV first to try and relax along with a hot chocolate and a cig!! Lol
annablack
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:49 am

Hope you are feeling a bit better Anna :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:12 am

Anna....I am catching up here. I am so glad you got to the Dr and he is being helpful

Anna, the dark days will pass. I would be lying if I said that you will not feel depressed at times and wonder how you will cope, but you will. I was in a very dark place at the beginning of this journey. I wanted the pain to leave. It hurt so bad I saw black. I never believed when people say that it has happened. Anyway I popped a handful of codeine and felt my way to the kitchen where my husband had a bottle for company. I grabbed it and just kept swallowing. My hubby found me on the floor when he got home.
That was when I got more help from pain clinic. In a way I am glad I hit rock bottom because it always reminds me how lucky I am to have a wonderful hubby and life. I now embrace the positive and laugh of the negative.

Anna, remember we will be always here to listen when you need to speak, hold your hand when you have trouble walking ahead and loving you when you think nobody cares. Hugs to you :hugs:
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:24 pm

Anna

Sorry for joining the thread a bit late, had a tough few days myself. I just wanted to check how you were doing? Depression is one of those things I think no one ever really fully understands especially when on the outside you can look fine on the inside you are screaming out for help.

I'm sorry you don't seem to have people around you right now who can help, though it does sound like your GP is being more supportive. This kind of feeling can take a long time to pass, no one can say how long you will feel like this for, but I do know that you have many many supportive friends on here (including me)

Like Whoami, I too have been in that dark dark place, and at the time I couldn't see any way out what so ever. I felt I was a burden on everyone around me and life would be better without me. I didn't want to carry on living with the pain and fatigue on a daily basis. I can't pinpoint the exact turning point for me, but I do know I too hit rock bottom before I started to crawl upwards again.

Keep talking about how you feel, post as much as you want on here - I find it very theraputic and often feel better for getting things out there rather than bottling them up to myself.

You are NOT alone in how you feel both pain wise and emotionally so please don't ever think that, and you are definitely not bothering anyone.

I'm sending you all my love and positive thoughts and I really hope you can see the end of the dark tunnel soon.

Take Care Anna
xxx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby annablack » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Thank you very much for your kind replies. Sorry that I haven't been around to respond until now, but quite honestly I just needed to take some time out to recover and get my head together. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm on the way back up. It's about time, 7 months is a long time to be in the deep dark pits of depression. I just dread the day I go back there, and unfortunately I will, because that's the nature of the beast.

I cannot thank you all enough though, for the support through the fibro and the mental illness. I have no support physically from anyone, so it's nice to know that emotionally at least, I have support here.

Anna x
annablack
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:56 pm

It's good to hear you're now a path leading you to somewhere a bit brighter Anna :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I know how awful it can be when I find myself in that deep, dark and desolate place :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know return trips seem to be part of things unfortunately :( :( :( Hopefully tho, the next time you find yourself heading in that direction, it won't be for as long or go as deep :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby annablack » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:20 pm

Certainly got my fingers crossed hun. It's not a pleasant place to be, and what makes it so much worse is the people who think that you can just snap out of it. I know so many people that feel they have to hide it from everyone around them and quite honestly I am one of those people. Thanks hun.
annablack
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Hi Anna I don't think we have met before but nice to hear you are back on line again , :-)

So glad you are in a better place , just remember that although we may not be able to give you physical hugs from experience I know the virtual ones serve thier purpose well. So if for what ever reason you need support we are here for you. :needhug:
There is usually someone about who can answer one of your posts.

Take care of yourself and welcome back :-D :-D

:grouphug: :grouphug: :hugs: :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby annablack » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:43 pm

Thank you hun. I think you're right, I don't think we have met before, but your kind words are always appreciated :-)
annablack
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:16 am

So good to hear you are getting there slowly, baby steps all the way Anna :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby annablack » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:50 am

Thanks Denys. It's been a bumpy ride and I'm not out of the woods yet, but as you say, baby steps, and if I stick to baby steps I may just find myself back to my usual bubbly self again. :-D :twisted: :wine: :tongueout: :coffee_cup: Lol
annablack
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:12 am

Anna....I am glad you are feeling somewhat better. I can feel it in the words you write. You are doing so well in understanding and knowing that this is a tough journey we are all on. You know how easily it is to take a wrong turn in the road. Knowing that will help you stay on course.

We all will be here for you if you need a hand to hold, or a shoulder to cry on. Nobody here will tell you to just get over this. Shout out if you need us and listen, because one of us might shout out and need your hand xx
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Tracie » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:32 am

small baby steps.
Tracie
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems