has vitamin d helped anyone

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

has vitamin d helped anyone

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:58 pm

hi, had my vitamin d checked last week got phone call todat to make an app at drs, so i take it it must be low,

just wanted to know if anyone who had low vitamin d and has taken supplements has it helped,

i wouldnt mind but i bought some when diagnosed and was told dont take them by anothe health worker as i would of been checked.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Re: has vitamin d helped anyone

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:42 pm

I have found that a huge majority of fibros have low vitamin D levels. Low levals can also cause pain and other symptoms that mimick that of fibro.

Have a search up top of page for further topics as this comes up often to help you with your answers as well as any replies that come below :-D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:17 pm

I have low B levels but not D so cant really help MB sorry
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Salgor » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:37 pm

When my Fibro consultant was doing all the tests they do before they dx FM he discovered that my Vit D levels were very low. He prescribed a vitamin D tablet which I chew (twice a day). I can't say if it has helped my pain or other FM problems but I suppose if the level rises because of them it can only help my bone strength.

S
Salgor
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi MB

I had a long long list of blood tests last year when my GP was investigating my symptoms and one of them was my Vitamin D levels. He found they were seriously low and even though by that point was convinced I had FM, he put me on Vitamin D tablets to build up my levels.

Low vitamin D can cause pain in joints and he hoped this would make a difference in my pain levels. It didn;t even touch them I'm afraid but since building my levels badk up I feel the fatigue has gotten less severe and that's one victory I am happy to celebrate lol.

Now I take 2 Magnesium/Vitamin D/Calcium combined tablets a day with my main meal and have found that though my actual pain hasn't improved, my fatigue is so so much better so I'm grateful for that lol.

xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:44 pm

hi thanks for the replys, i have a app next teusday so i will see what he says,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby difly » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:30 pm

hi lou lou I too have low vit d levels and prescribed once a month vit d tablet you mentioned your fatqiue is not as bad whilst taking vit d , you are so right when i am due to take my tablet i get very fatiqued and an just about function once i take the tab my fatiqued subsides just enough to improve my situation , so to answer question for me vit d does help ,although like others i still get the pain but im not as washed out take care xx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:49 am

difly

I'm so glad that too are finding the supplements working for you in a good way. Less fatigue is much better than nothing at all hey? lol I've also found that since taking them 3 months ago I haven't had an attack of restless legs either. I've only had it a handful of times but it was usually once or twice a month. So far nothing - I don't know if it is these tablets helping or not but I'm happy enough.

MB Good Luck at the Doctors

xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Salgor » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:56 pm

Just been having a look around for info on low Vit D levels and I found this interesting'

http://www.vitaminddeficiencysymptomsgu ... -d-levels/

Salgor
Salgor
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:52 pm

hi, very interesting,

i havnt as yet felt a diffrence with the supplements but its early days i think.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby blueeyes64 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:29 pm

My Vit D was borderline last blood test a couple of weeks back but the GP said its common with us Yorkshire folk because we don't get enough sun !
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems