Seizures ?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Seizures ?

Postby blueeyes64 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:32 am

I am waiting I see a neurologist next month and just wondered if anyone else had any problems like this.
I have had several episodes which up to a few weeks ago I didn't relay think a lot about until I mentioned them to my sister and a friend who's a nurse on a neurology ward at LGI.
The latest one went like this ;

I got rally tired ataeound 3 pm but instead of giving in I decided I wanted to get some jobs done, so got up and got on with them.
Then I took one dog for a walk and came back for the next one as I can't walk them both together anymore,
I hadn't gone far when I felt dreadful, just shaky and suddenly devoid of energy.Also slightly nauseas and just a weird felling like I needed to get back home.I thought maybe low blood sugar ? but i had eaten well that day and every meal.
Embarrassingly I wet myself :oops: while nearing the road to my house, luckily I had a long coat on !
I have quite a weak blade these days but this was more than usual.

Anyway I got in and went to tell hubby i was going for a shower, but my words sounded slurred.
After the shower I made a quick sandwich and cup of tea but felt awful.
I was overwhelmingly tired and then felt a pins and needles sensation go down my arm and leg.I grabbed a cushion and pulled it under my head and my whole body just felt magnetised to the sofa like I couldn't move.

So I closed my eyes thinking I need sleep.
But my eyes started fluttering and wouldn't stay shut.i opened them but couldn't see the TV properly as I was blinking so much.
Then. Then my head seem to tilt backwards and I was looking up between the ceiling and wall all the time my eyes were fluttering madly.
I felt myself dribbling on the fusion and wanted to let my hand up to wipe it away but just couldn't.
My hubby who was sitting where I was looking must have noticed and asked what was wrong with me.
I couldn't answer at that moment words just wouldn't come out.
Then my eyes stared rolling into my head and I heard him say "what the F**** wrong with you are you having a stroke or something"
His voice was agitated and this time I managed to slur "I'm just trying to focus "
Then my head went back to its original position and my eyes stopped fluttering.
I was looking around the room slightly confused and hubby asked again " what was that all about ?"
I said I was just tired.My legs and arms felt Achey and like I needed to stretch them out do i did.Then I put my head down and sleep as I was exhausted.
After an hour or 2 I hit up as I needed the toilet, made a drink and was ok.

I had a similar things happen when I was in hospital A & E with infected bursitis a couple of years ago, and also after drinking more than usually do.

But it doesn't happen every time I feel really tired, which is a few times a week.
My GP referred me to a neurologist but didn't seem too worried.
Hs anyone else had this ?
Looking at seizures it seems to fit in some ways with simple partial seizures.

I am worried now though because I don't want to lose my driving licence if tests were to show epilepsy :(
I don't drive far but it is nice to have the independence and I can't imagine getting buses everywhere !

Sorry for the long post !
Has anyone else had anything like this happen and could it just be due to chronic tiredness ?
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Re: Seizures ?

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:54 am

Im no GP but with my experiences with epileptics (one who has seizurs and one who has absentces) sorry awful spelling this morning :crazy: they do not know they are having them until they come round. Its then they feel exhausted and dizzy and feeling unwell for a period of time.
My friend has had numerous mini stokes and noticed them more so then the epilepsy.

On a fatigue side i get alot of times were i come over severly exhausted and my speech slurrs and i am disorientated but not to the extend like you say.

I feel there is more going on then the fatigue although im not a professional.

Good luck for your investigations
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby blueeyes64 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:03 pm

Hope you're right :-)
Apparently though with simple partial seizures you can be fully aware of what's going on, ie you don't lose consciousness, but not be able to stop it and are confused when you come around.So idk, here's a link to some info that I read on them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_partial_seizure
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Postby blueeyes64 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:06 pm

And on the epilepsy website they say this about simple partial seizures

Movement: Uncontrolled movements can occur in just about any part of the body. Eyes may move from side to side; there may be blinking, unusual movements of the tongue, or twitching of the face.
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:14 pm

Both my best friends children and the man next door take seizures. They both have had the feeling something was not quite right before they happen, dogs sence this. (my hubby has a friend whose dog tells him when he is going to have a seizure so he can be slightly prepared.)

Now these people senced before hand , none of them have any recollection at the time of the actual seizures. I have watched them all have mild and GM seizures, they all presented differently at the beginning, some just staring straight ahead as if focused on something others falling and into what most think of as a seizure.

I have had a stroke and some of the symptoms were similar.

none of us here are qualified to access your symptoms it is good you are seeing a nuerologist. He can test to see if you have had a seizure or not. the symptoms could be a variety of things. whatever you do don't go looking online as to what your symptoms might present. It will just set you off to imagining all sorts of things. It could also have you not actually remember things as they happen but more to what you read. Confused yet? I confused myself, LOL

Let us know how you do with the nuerologist.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby blueeyes64 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:14 pm

I know what you mean :-)
The thing is if I hadn't looked on the Internet re medical stuff my youngest son would still be having food sticking / impactions and vomiting because Drs kept telling me it was anxiety or asthma plug etc.Turns out he has a rare Eosinophilic disease where the white blood cells attack the body from the inside if certain foods are eaten.Its called Eosinophilic oesophagitis.He's had it since he was born probably and he was just diagnosed last Dec aged 12 :roll:
But you do have to be careful as you can end up thinking you have all sorts if you don't do the right research !

I don't want it to be seizures, but at least if they do an EEG and all is normal I can carry on and forget about it, and I will have done the right thing :-)
Thanks for all the replies ladies I will let you know what happens.
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:50 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: its not seizures but just that you pushed yourself too hard
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Seizures ?

Postby pinky1 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:03 am

Hope you get some answers at the doctors. Does sound like peitit mal seizures (if they still call them that) or partial seizures. Some people get an auora, like they sense they're about to have a seizure. I've had 4 grand mal seizures in my 20's and had no idea they were coming. Thankfully I haven't had one for nearly 4 years (I had two in one day that day due to being on the wrong dose of medication)
All the best and hopefully it's not epilepsy
X
pinky1
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems