How did you all start with Fibro

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: How did you all start with Fibro

Postby Artygirl » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:22 pm

OMG! After reading your list I suddenly remembered that back in 1992 I had a car accident. I don't know if I had actual whiplash but the impact did cause neck problems. All my health problems started the following year. It started with strange buzzy feelings in my legs, sensitivity to light and extreme fatigue - blood tests all negative. Had another episode a couple of years later. Also had periods of depression, been diagnosed with IBS, suffered from headaches which were finally diagnosed as migraine. And lots of other issues over the last twenty years. When I mentioned all this to my doctor in March he saw the connection right away which was amazing.

I really had not made any connection between my car accident and what happened subsequently. Very interesting. Thanks for the post.
Jennifer

"You can't fail if you never stop trying." Yogi Bear
Artygirl
UKFM Member

Re: Replies

Postby summerbaby » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:15 pm

I did post this question in hope that I, myself could see how other sufferers started with Fibro too. I also wanted to be able to make some sort of connection on how others remember it beginning, or in some circumstance help anyone who still may not have made that connection on how it all started, as there must be a cause for it to begin.

I would really like to say thank you to all who have replied, and hopefully when more research has been done into the cause of this deliberating condition it may help people either understand or accept the condition. I for one did not want to accept my life change from how I was before this started and to how I have become with it. :nono:

I really hope that someday that magic cure will come along :idea:
Summerbaby
summerbaby
UKFM Member

Postby Bunnythecat » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi, im not dx yet but I started major problems/symptoms after a 2nd spinal op last year,

After the op I was told that during spinal surgery they cut my spinal sheath by accident and I was leaking spinal fluid into my body. I had to lay completely still in one position for 48 hours after...agonising! :( Makes me wonder if that was a trauma that kicked all this off, however there is a close family history and some of my symptoms started in a more subtle way some years ago.
Bunnythecat
UKFM Newbie

Postby mililly » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:04 pm

Cant honestly say anything triggered mine off wasnt on any medication, not been illnot stressed..had a car accident 21yrs ago butno lasting injuries from it. So im not sure what could have triggered mine
mililly
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:02 am

After having severe anemia which caused insomnia and stress over several months. Thankfully I haven't had any Fibro symptoms now for 5 years and counting.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby summerbaby » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:09 pm

So do you not suffer with fibro now then ?
Summerbaby
summerbaby
UKFM Member

Postby pinky1 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:53 pm

I think it was probably childbirth although I did suffer very mild pain in my body at times for years before thatv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
pinky1
UKFM Member

Postby ouch potato » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:13 am

Mine started directly after having a flu jab. I have never had problems with injections before, but this time was different - the injection site was incredibly painful, and I couldn't lift my arm the next day. The day after that I started to feel unwell, and then fatigue set in, sleeping 18 hours a day. A few days after that the pain set in. I can't say for certain that it was the jab which caused fibro; I have also suffered major stresses throughout the last 10 years and that is supposed to be a factor, but the jab certainly seemed to flick a switch. Ironically it now looks like I have a type of inflammatory arthritis which means I will have to have meds which lower the immune system, and which warrant having a flu jab!
ouch potato
UKFM Newbie

Postby caterpillar » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:05 pm

Mine came on about 2 years after the sudden death of my mother, prior to that I'd had a still birth so I think mine was brought on by trauma.

Although interestingly, my mother had fibro, and as I child I had all the major illnesses, mumps, measles, flu etc and often had tonsillitis, and would also frequently get very achy legs just from walking about when I was little. I also have had ibs and endometriosis both diagnosed about 8-9 years prior to fibro.
caterpillar
UKFM Member

Postby armfaw » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:50 am

I don't know really,had a epidural 20 yrs ago with my first son, back pains stated back then.i think it was put in the wrong place, still have the scar, dr said it was a little high up...i had a car accident in 2005, nasty whiplash.. had a few horse riding accidents over the yrs.. was in a mentally abusive marriage for 20 yrs.. lots and lots of stress. I kicked him out 3 nearly 4 yrs ago.. I would be in a nut house or dead if I was still with him..i also have spondylosis in my neck and bulging discs in my lower back..i also have sever ibs in am on a low fodmap diet..
armfaw
UKFM Member

Postby Jae » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:53 am

I woke up in the middle of the night freezing and unable to stop shaking. I have been told I had a fit but this came form my mother, who is a rather unreliable source. The next day the pain started and hasn't stopped!

I think it was caused by stress and never really being raised with proper diet plus bad living conditions (like the place being unhygienic (I was raised by junkies who couldn't give a damn))

I hope this helps you!
Jae
UKFM Member

Postby Karou » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:37 pm

I've been running around with gallstones for half a year before I was fed up with my doctor not doing anything, losing test results, etc. and changed surgeries. The new doctor arranged a scan within 2 weeks and I had surgery and was sent home the same evening. I slept a lot and was hoping to be back at work within a month. Lets say my body had other plans.

I was in a lot of pain, got an infection, had horrible problems with my digestive system and could only eat slippery elm food or toast. Went back to work way too early I think but I was afraid to lose my job. Had to take more time off sick because I suddenly felt like a train hit me and a slight pain started in my lower back. It only got worse and after excluding other possible causes my doctor found out how painful even the slightest touch was. That's when he told me I have fibro.
Gentle :hugs: :hugs: , Karou

“Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.” - Brimstone
Karou
UKFM Member

Postby alisonbarlow1970 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:26 pm

I was diagnosed with Sjogrens Syndrome in September 2004 and prescribed several different medications that were new to me, after a few years I changed medications again and it was after that change in medication that the symtoms started, although I didn't realise it at the time as it was similar pain to that I had with Sjogrens. It wasn't til mentioned the additional pain to my rheumy that he confirmed I had FM.
alisonbarlow1970
UKFM Newbie

Postby crystal18 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:46 pm

I was involved in a car crash in 2006 and was left with whiplash injuries which I received physiotherapy for. I also changed jobs at the same time as I was going through a difficult time at work. The symptoms didn't appear until about 2 years later when my job became very stressful due to the company going through financial difficulties.
crystal18
UKFM Newbie

Postby PhoebeCat » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:12 am

I was in a car accident in 1985 where I suffered a fractured skull among other injuries and lost both my parents in the same accident. Went on to have two children, went through a divorce, in another abusive relationship and ended up bringing the children up on my own for the last 22 years so money has always been very tight, moved house and had a fall at work, so mine could be from injuries or stress but I wish it would go away. I've had enough and really cant cope with any more.
PhoebeCat
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems