underactive thyroid

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

underactive thyroid

Postby sparky630 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi hope ur day has not been too painful so far.
Has anyone been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and if so did medication ease the fibro symptoms?
Gentle hugs
Xx
sparky630
UKFM Member

Re: underactive thyroid

Postby penfriend » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:40 pm

Dear sparky, I am borderline on underactive thyroid, and was given thyroxine years ago by the hospital, but my then doctor went mad, especially when I told him how it affected me - like a roller-coaster and a big dipper at the same time. He told me to stop it immediately. I take occasionally some kelp tablets and make sure I have an iodine salt, and recently had blood tests, and they came back o.k.

sincerely, penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:06 am

I have no thyroid (cancer)...therefore underactive,LOL

Symptoms for both conditions are much the same. I take a high dose of eltroxin daily. I would not say it has changed any fibro symptoms My thyroid levels were always normal, even just before surgery. I just happened to get thyroid cancer that never effected my levels.

Talk to your Dr and have all thyroid levels checked not just a tsh test. Go with those results
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Flaw » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:02 pm

I have an underactive thyroid and take levothyroxine. When I had my bloods a while ago Dr though I'd feel loads better with those meds and my vit D was super low so I had prescription pill for that and I had anaemia. They didn't change my fibro symptoms at all :(

I hope it helps you though! Fingers crossed!
Flaw
UKFM Member

Postby Salgor » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:23 pm

HI Flaw, I also have underactive thyroid, but this has been for many years before I started with fibro symptoms. What I can say is that when my underactive thyroid was diagnosed I felt loads better after about 2 weeks later. Hope this helps for you. I can't speak for it making any difference to my fibro symptoms because I have had it so long.
Salgor
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems