pain from neck radiating down arms and back

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pain from neck radiating down arms and back

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:12 pm

hi, i feel like i have broke my neck (i know i havent) but my head feels to heavy for my neck, the pain started yesterday and has got progresavly worse,

it was in the back of my neck and now it is traveling down my spine and arms last night i didnt sleep due to restless arms and the pain its sore to the touch and if i move my neck,

i took a extra amitriptaline and tramadol at 1 am as i couldnt stand it any longer and then sat up on the setee as laying down was agony,

this is starting to worry me as im scared that im getting worse as better days are getting less i have reduced my hours and work load at home aswell but its not realy helping,

i havnt told anyone how bad i feel or how worried i am as i dont want to give them more worries ,

i know they say it isnt progressive but we know diffrent,

its like you give a bit but it always wants more ,

anyway moan over will try and get some sleep sat up.

take care ss
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Re: pain from neck radiating down arms and back

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi Mb

Have you slept on it wrong? or you might have a trapped nerve? Have you got a wheat bag? if you have heat it up and wrap it around your neck that might help ease the pain or wrap up a hot water bottle and lay back on that.

If it has not eased and still causing you concern tomorrow call the out of hrs gp for advice. :hugs: hope it eases soon. :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:46 am

This is where my main pain is and were it all started for me so know how you are feeling MB, sometimes my neck spasms and I wonder if this is what is happening to you :?: :?: :?: you will need to go to the docs cos the more your neck hurts the stiffer it becomes cos you dont want to move it and I generally end up needing diazapam to release the muscles, as Shaz said a wheat bag (or water bottle warm not boiling) might help. Hope you feel a bit better soon :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby masonsbarms » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:51 pm

hi shazq and denys, thank you both i have tried a water bottle and it eases it for a while i will go drs tomorrow if it isnt better.

thanks again .

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:59 pm

I live with the after~effects of a broken neck MB, so have a good idea how this is making you feel :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Even tho it happened almost 20 years ago, I still have problems and it seems to be the point where my various FM issues radiate from :( :( :( :(

I've got a snake~like wheaty bag that I can either wrap around my neck or put down my spine when needed to help ease things a little. I also have a mini~sized hottie bottie with a really chunky knitted cover on it that gets to a nice temperature that I often use along with my snakey~wheaty bag. It doesn't take it away completely, but along with the meds and Mr TENs, it helps make things a little more manageable.

If it doesn't start to ease off soon tho.............well you know where I'm thinking of that you'll need to go :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Purpledot » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:16 pm

I'll tell you what, MB..........I'll tell my GP about my neck problems if you tell yours about yours!!!!

Seriously, though.....I have suffered from neck problems for years, and they have definitely got worse over the past couple of months. Each time I have been to the GP I have completely forgotten to mention it, so really must make sure I remember next time I go.

I hope your symptoms are a lot better by tomorrow, but, if not, you really should get it checked out by your GP. Good luck.
Purpledot
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Apart from a trapped nerve or muscle knot/spasm it could be an active trigger point as they radiate to aother places.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:06 am

hi thank you all today is a little better but i have noy gone into work, as i think the rest will help,

i have a hospital app today so i am just doing nothing and have still got a hot water bottle on my neck i had it on all night so i will see how it is in the morning.

again thanks and purple dot if i go to drs i will holp you to your deal.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems