virtigo agravated by fm says dr i saw

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

virtigo agravated by fm says dr i saw

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:44 pm

hi, went for the results of the balance tests i had done,

he said that there is a balance problem in my inner ear but thought it was being made worse with the fm,

as he said that dizziness is asosiated with fm and that its all conected

said he couldnt do anything to help me only i can take the pills for it only when it is realy bad ie falling about as they can do damage but cant remember what damage he said,

so i will just have to learn to cope with it .

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Re: virtigo agravated by fm says dr i saw

Postby LouLou » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:50 am

MB

So sorry you have had this diagnosis. I've never suffered with anything like that, though I do have dizzy spells from time to time and they have freaked me out enough so I can only imagine how bad you are suffering.

Sorry I can't offer you any advice or anything like that, I can offer you lots of :hugs: though.

Take Care
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:02 pm

It's an awful feeling to be living with, you have my full empathy MB :( :( :( Mine has never really responded to the different meds that are supposed to help, so I've just had to learn how best to live with it. You'll know what sort of movements and things can trigger it off, and you'll find ways to avoid doing them but still be able to do carry on doing the different things you need to do.

It's not nice to go thru, and it takes yet more time to get there, but there are ways to compensate and adapt :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:22 pm

hi lou lou and fluppy,

thanks for the replys i know you suffer with it fluppy so to know i will learn to cope helps,

just felt let down as still have the belief that a dr can sort things out.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:23 pm

It does get you down MB, even after all the time I've had it, there are still days where I try and fight against it, altho the fight doesn't last that long any more :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

Have you had a look into whether there are any other meds/treatments that might be helpful?? Thinking back, altho the meds were useless for me, I had a number of sessions aimed at improving what I could still do, as well as finding coping strategies to help with when things were at their worst. It was described as something like "Vestibular Rehabilitation" and I was referred to it by the ENT consultant I was under at the time. It was about 11 years ago, so I'm not sure if such things are still run, but it might be worth asking Dr Googly if there is something similar still available and if there is something in your area.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems