Raised CK levels in blood

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Raised CK levels in blood

Postby Nicolaev80 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:48 am

Hi everyone (again)

As you know I saw Rheumatology this week. Just wondered if anyone else has every had raised CK levels in their blood?? How relevant is this to Fibromyalgia. I have read that it could be completely unrelated and could be down to other things.

Sorry if i've posted this is the wrong place by the way.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks
Nicolaev80
UKFM Newbie

Re: Raised CK levels in blood

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi
Fibro does not show up in any blood test so it will not be related to that.

I have just googled ck levels and this is what came up - Blood levels of CK rise when your muscle or heart cells are injured. It could be muscle damage.

You should ask your gp to explain what it means. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby julia1red » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:29 pm

I had high co levels too rheumatologist retested but wasn't too worried and signed me off with fibro would like to know if I should be worried, they don't explain much do they, keep me posted x
julia1red
UKFM Member

Postby Graciebaby » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi,
My CK levels were raised and my GP was a bit concerned about it (this was when I had my ME diagnosis)
When I saw the Neurologist, he didn't bother about it much at all.

I also read that raised CK can mean muscle damage and as I could barely walk at the time due to my legs being so weak, I sort of assumed that this was the cause of it.

I didn't really chase it up at the time because I had so many health issues and other tests going on at that point, but you have reminded me about it now and when I next see my GP, I might ask to have a blood test to see if the levels are now back to normal.

Raised CK levels are not something that aides in a diagnosis of FM.

G. x
Graciebaby
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems