yet more complications!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

yet more complications!!

Postby MissChris » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi everyone, ive just had to go for another series of tests and guess what? More illnesses! Its never ending lol

After 19 hospital admissions to a&e i finally got an ultrasound. I have gallstones, so many that i now need my gall bladder removing as its so inflamed
My liver enzymes are elevated due to this so i have to have blood tests every week to make sure my liver isnt damaged.
My veins are scarred so these bloods have to be taken from my wrists, ouch lol
I also have had my blood sent to oxford for genetic sequencing. If i have this certain genetic disorder it means its highly dangerous to get pregnant -50% chance either myself or my baby would die :(
I had an endoscopy and my stomach is majorly inflamed so had to have a biopsy taken which im still awaiting results for - i may have ibs.and celiac disease which is causing damage to both my bowel and duedenum (not correct spelling i know)

I dont know whether to hate the fibro for leading me down this road or be grateful that it helped find these other conditions :(

Do we all have excessive medical problems on top of our fm?
MissChris
UKFM Member

Re: yet more complications!!

Postby whoami » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:45 am

I am sorry you are feeling down about all this news to you.

I am not sure if it is the fibro that gives us extra illness. I am not sure of your age but a good percentage of woman hitting forty have their gall bladder removed. It is good and routine here for liver tests if gall stones are an issue.

I also, like many others here have IBS and celiac disease. I recently went through the scopes having a peek at each end, LOL. Also reflux is an issue and can cause stomach issues.

With having over 25 operations I can relate to having bad veins.

May I ask what the genetic disorder regarding pregnancy is called?

I hope you get good results on your tests and nothing new is found after all.l
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Re: yet more complications!!

Postby denys » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:06 pm

So sorry you have had to find out you have so many other problems, but at least you know now and something is being done. The pain from gallstones is said to be horrific so hopefully once that it's sorted you might start to feel better although it might take you a little while to recover completely as fibro can make it a little more difficult to get straight back up on your feet :fingerscrossed: for the genetic testing and the testing of your liver etc. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems