Doubled up in pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Doubled up in pain

Postby E-Bunny » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi Guys,

Last night I ended up phoning an ambulance as i was completly doubled up with pain. It literally felt like i had gone into labour even tho i am not pregnant :shock: I had started my period yesterday morning and wondering if it is related to that ? I have never had painfull periods though ?

I have also had problems with my stomach becoming so distended that i look 9 months pregnant. Which although painful was no where near as bad as last night ! Only real pain i suffered was taht the distention had started to put so much pressure on my ribs that they were literally being forced outwards :-?

I am still getting twinges now and thenin my stomach, just hoping it doesnt flare up to what it was last night !! I couldnt even move it was so bad =(

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: Doubled up in pain

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:02 pm

hi, tina sorry you are feeling so bad,

but is can be part of fm to have over ppainful periods i suffer from this ans some months are worse than others,

mention it to your gp if it continues as they cangive tablet to reduce this,
hope things get better,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:16 pm

My stomach bloats even more when the monthlys arrive and my ribs within that time are so so painfull as it put pressure on them.

I was tested for all sorts with my bloating and nothing was found apart from a hitas hernia.

What did the hospital say?
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Tracie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:25 pm

sorry you feel so bad
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby chookie » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Have you got IBS or Endometriosis diagnosed?
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:33 pm

I was treated for very painful & heavy periods all my life , until I had an early hysterectomy, it is only now with a DX of FM that I can see that it seems to be part and parcel of this syndrome.

Go talk to your GP , I'm sure things have move on since I was being treated so I would hope that there is something you can get that might help .

Sorry things were so bad for you , hope you get some rest tonight.
I'm sure you have already tried the old fashioned approach but a hot water bottle , electric blanket and warm bath with lavender in it always seemed help me relax.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:49 am

Hi Tina

Since having FM my time of the month has doubled in intensity and in pain. I also noticed that I retain much more water than I used to and I too look pregnant for a few days a month.

I also have IBS and though most of the time it lays quite dormant, when it does spike up it can be so painful I feel like someone is ripping me apart (sorry to be a bit graphic lol that's the only way I can describe it)

All this was checked with my GP and all came back normal, he said that IBS can affect people differently like FM and the two combined plus time of the month can really take it's toll on the body.

I tend to use a hot water bottle as that's the only thing that seems to settle my stomach down. I also lie on the sofa curled up with my knees as close to my chest as I can get them and this helps ease the pain. During bad stomach flare ups I stick to really plain food like plain chicken and rice, digestive biccies to help settle the stomach etc.

May be worth getting your Gp to just give you a once over as sometimes something else can be lurking in the background.

I hope you manage to get some rest today and that the pain eases up for you.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby E-Bunny » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:28 am

Hi, and thank you for all the replies !

The pain has settled down now, but my stomach is still very bloated =( It seems to go down over night, but then blows up again as soon as i start to move around !

The hospital suggested IBS but my GP will probably put it down to an epileptic sz again o.O I dont think she realises that my sz are absences and NOT extreme pain all over my body, with an added extra of bloating stomach and debilitating pains in my tummy bad enough to have to get an ambulance out.

It is as though my insides were being "ripped appart ", labour contractions was the only way i could describe it to the paramedics ( they were convinced i was pregnant o.O ).

I am hoping to see my GP tomorrow afternoon, I will be insisting i am referred to a rhumatologist ( *sp ) for the pain in my arms, legs, neck and shoulder blades... I will also ask her bluntly about IBS and make sure she knows it is not an epileptic sz grrrrrrr...

Right now i am typing with really bad stiffness in my hands, fingers, arms and legs... I have a heater under my desk at work and i have set it to full blast and keep putting my hands over it !! seems to be helping slightly, till i take them from under my desk and start typing again !! Unfortunatly the heat tho is making me very sleepy lol... In alot of pain today, all over.. I really need my GP to listen to me and offer me the treatment i need !

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Hi E-bunny

I can`t see how you gp can say it was a epileptic sz when it was your stomach that was causing you the problems. It could be ibs? so mention that to your gp as that is linked to fibro. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems