Pins and needles

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pins and needles

Postby Auntiekaka » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi thanks for your quick response to my request to join this group.

I'm new to this forum so please bare with :)

I was diagnosed with fibro last May and my GP put me on lyrica straight away. I have had several blackouts and severe pain and gradually my GP has upped my dosage and I am currently on 175mg. Over the past few weeks and have started jurking in both my hands and feet especially in the evening time once I try to relax. This morning I have woke to pins and needles in my thumb and 2 fingers. Just wondering if anyone has had similar problems? Thank u :)
Auntiekaka
UKFM Newbie

Re: Pins and needles

Postby denys » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:03 am

Hi and firstly :welcome: to the forum secondly pins and needles does seem to feature for some of us, but if this is something new or is a worsening existing problem then you need to go and talk to the doc, dont put everything down to fibro and dont be fobbed off that everything is connected by anyone else either.

Fibro mimics so many other conditions and so its so easy to say 'oh its just another part of FM' and yes it might well be but it needs checking :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems