Whooping cough vaccine

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Whooping cough vaccine

Postby lrgatrell88 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:45 am

Hi all...

Was just wondering if any body had had a whooping cough vaccination recently? I was advised to have one because I'm pregnant but have been so ill since.

It's now over 48 hours ago but I've barely been able to eat. My arm is swollen, really sore and I can barely move it. I've had a high temp, sore throat, upset stomach and feeling really sick too.

Does anyone know if this is normal??
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Re: Whooping cough vaccine

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:59 am

Hi

Did they say you may react after for a few days? Give you a leaflet on what to expect after?

I know some vaccinations can cause a reation for a few days but i would call your GP now to make sure all is well especially as your pregnant.

Hope you feel better soon.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Whooping cough vaccine

Postby denys » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:48 am

it means you have reacted as Lisa has said, take some paracetamol which should help with the temp and hopefully your symptoms will pass quickly, if not go back and see your doc. My daughter had the vaccine when she was pregnant and had a reaction but was up and about as normal within a few days :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

sometimes especially when you are pregnant a bit of reassurance from the medical profession is all you need :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems