Twitching of limbs

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Twitching of limbs

Postby E-Bunny » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:09 pm

I have noticed that my arms, legs, neck and sometimes my entire body Twiches.. Just moves on it's own.. Most the time it is just a small movement, but sometimes its quite bad.. especially in my arms !

I thought at 1st it might be myclonic jerks as i have E, but it is both sides, so cannot be the E as only my left hand side is affected by that =/

Does anybody else experience this ? It is happening alot through the day ! the whole body jerks seem to happen at night thankfully, but the arm, leg and neck is getting more noticable and increasing in numbers through the day =(

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: Twitching of limbs

Postby whoami » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Tina....yes it happens to me. More so at night when I first lay down and start to relax. Hubby says I do in my sleep also.
Sometimes it happens during the day. My legs either do it or my arm and sometimes my neck/head along with arm. It is not as bad a jerk as turrets but quite noticeable to others.
I often wonder if it is a side effect from medication. Now I look at it as just happening, got use to it I suppose.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:40 pm

Twitches and spasms do seem to be a part of FM that affects us at times, quite often when we find ourselves under extra stress, worry and upset. Some meds can cause them as side effects, as can deficiencies in some nutrients.

It's always best to mention something new, worsening or just giving cause for concern to your GP, just in case there is something else at work.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mililly » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:03 pm

I get these too. I thought they were a side affect of the medication but maybe not. Sometimes i get mild ones when watching telly otheftimes they can be quite severe where i nearly jump off the chair.
mililly
UKFM Member

Postby E-Bunny » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:18 pm

Thanks for the replies,

Mililly, The bad ones you get are what i get when i am trying to get to sleep.. my entire body just jumps.... I do worry about my arms twitching as i dont want it to happen when holding a hot brew or pan !! It could end in a lot of pain :shock: lol..

I am glad i am not alone with this !! As we are all probably on differant medications, im leaning more towards the FM as being the cause !

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi
I tend to get them when i am tired and dropping off to sleep. it seems to be common with fibro.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Twitching of limbs

Postby kazisedso » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:24 pm

Hiya,
Yes I get them usually when I am just starting to relax in bed
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:54 am

yup get these , infact have a few "internal "ones going on as I sit here but the biger one that someone else can see tend to happen as I drift off to sleep or as I relax in a chair.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby happybunny » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:45 pm

Hello
I get them too when unsettled or stressed .. they build up like a surge and then release themselves You all have my sympathies. . . I dread them as I just can't sleep
happybunny
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems