Pcos and fibro

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pcos and fibro

Postby Tracie » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Wondering if pcos and fibro are linked
Tracie
UKFM Member

Re: Pcos and fibro

Postby denys » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:10 pm

No but quite a few members suffer from both conditions put PCOS into the search facility and it should throw up some other topics for you :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tracie » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:27 pm

have had a look round and info says its linked and so does mates gayne,will ask mine.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:15 pm

I have both too.
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby BonnGayle » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:35 pm

me too!
Fibro,PCOS,Asthma,excema and Dyspraxia ( undiagnosed because it didnt exist then )
what does'nt kill us just makes us stronger!
BonnGayle
UKFM Member

Postby humbugshouse » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:51 pm

I've got PCOS and FM... waiting to find out if I have anything else to add to the list!
In the research I've done it says due to our hormones and being insulin resistant, we are more prone to get FM.
I'm finding it hard as I need to pluck hairs from my face everyday and my hands are hurting far more than usual and cramp up easily when in the same place for too long!
I'm on some new pills for my facial hair, I've come off metformin after many years and am now on Sprirolactone, it's a water pill. I do think it's helping with my face, also it's helped my IBS symtoms (which are now explained with my FM diagnosis), the pills have shall we say blocked me up a little, so only one of two tummy spasms and bad cramping a month since I went on them!
love and hugs and all that jazz
humbugshouse
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems