Headaches

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Headaches

Postby Flaw » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:46 am

I know most of us suffer headaches as part of our fibro, but does anyone get a low grade headache that is constantly there for a few weeks? I've had one that's not shifted for a good couple of weeks now. It's not terribly painful, not enough to put me in bed, but it just lingers there constantly.
Flaw
UKFM Member

Re: Headaches

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:06 pm

I have a constant headache since things started appearing for me. Sometimes it verges on migraine intensity, at other times it eases back a little, but never goes, regardless of what I throw at it :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

If it's not budging, it might be worth seeing your GP about it as, altho headaches are an associated problem with FM, there could be something else at work in the background that is causing it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tracie » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:04 pm

I had a headache on and off for well over a week,due to neck and shoulders hurting I think.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:21 pm

I seem to be the headachy type and so many things for me seem to play out as a headache from full blown migraine to the low grade dullness that won't go away.

The low grade headaches I tend to associate with stress or tension , if you have someone in the house with you get them to try and lightly massage your shoulders ( remind them to do it lightly as with Fm even someone touching your shoulder can be a nightmare) if your shoulder muscles are tight then check your neck if they are tight it could be the cause of your headache.

Try a wheat wrap or some massage to ease your muscles , also a hot bath might help as well . If you do think it is stress or tension try to think of how you can deal with the route cause, hopefully that will then mean that you don't tense up as much and the head ache will go away ......until the next time.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Tiger Balm helps with keeping mine at a more manageable level. There is one area of my forehead that seems to be the centre of my headaches, and rubbing a little of it in there seems to help cool and relax things a little.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Flaw » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:08 am

Thanks guys :) it might be tension as I've been clenching my jaw a lot lately. I'll mention it to my GP on Monday just in case.
I'll also get some tiger balm and give that a go! Pain killers aren't shifting it.
Flaw
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems