Weird visual happenings anyone ?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Weird visual happenings anyone ?

Postby blueeyes64 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:50 pm

I posted about seeing a neuro Dr about possible seizures recently, but I have also been getting some other weird things going on for the last few months.
One thing is when I get up from sitting or out of the car I get a dizzy sort of feeling, NOT room spinning sensation just a bit disorientated.Also sometimes this comes with my hearing going muffled like being underwater and sometimes slight tinnitus for a couple of minutes.I do get eczema in my kept ear so put it down to that.
I've got used to that, but a few weeks ago I was coming down the stairs and as I neared the bottom I had an odd sensation , either the floor came up to meet me or my head dropped down, not sure which, but it was very surreal !
I said 'whoa' and hubby asked what was wrong.I said dunno just had a funny turn !
Thought I was falling but didn't.

Then last week I was out shopping at my local shopping centre.I was feeling a little dizzy as I turned my head or walked a different direction but carried on because as I said it happens sometimes.
Then as I neared the glass doors to get outside there was a long striped mat on the floor and the stripes jumped out at me like a 3D effect, it was very scary and I'm not sure if I jumped or what, but once outside I was ok again.
So I decided to go back the same way when I had done to see if it happened again or if I had somehow imagined it !
Same thing happened exactly as before, totally freaked me out !

We have a striped carpet on the hall stairs and landing and its just occurred to me that there might be a connection here ?

I did look up vertigo but I don't get the room spinning sensation at all.
Not sure if its related to the other strange going on !

Has anyone had anything similar and what was it ?
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Re: Weird visual happenings anyone ?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:25 pm

I have pretty much everything you have described, the only differences I have are the the room spinning sensation is there, my hearing is muffled pretty much all the time and the tinnitus is loud and there constantly. Also I have the other problems there all the time in varying degrees of intensity.

They were the first symptoms that appeared for me, and initially led to me being dx'd and treated for an inner ear disorder, Meniere's Disease. I didn't respond to the treatment tho and ended up having to go for 2 lots of balance tests. I didn't respond to the tests as was expected for someone with Meniere's, but thankfully the person who did both sets of tests remembered me and my history, and with a bit of digging around for additional info, and some more history from me, determined that what I was experiencing was due to constant headaches and migraines. And when FM began to show more of itself, the link made by the person who ran my balance tests seemed to make a bit more sense of things.

As I've said, these things are with me constantly, as is the headache, however since gaining some control over my migraines they have calmed down somewhat.

Not sure if my experiences are of much help :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? I couldn't say if this could be linked to your other problems, but it may be something to consider as there are a number of different types of migraine http://www.migrainetrust.org/factsheet- ... s-it-10504
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:58 pm

blueeyes64 wrote:
One thing is when I get up from sitting or out of the car I get a dizzy sort of feeling, NOT room spinning sensation just a bit disorientated.Also sometimes this comes with my hearing going muffled like being underwater and sometimes slight tinnitus for a couple of minutes.

It doesnt happen all the time but for years now when i get up from sitting or walk from standing to long the back of my head starts to pound (pulsating tinnitus) and my eyesight goes black and i get the dizziness. It takes quiet a while before it eases off.

Iv not spoken to my GP but i connected it to my neck being severely stiff or if i get too stressed/upset it brings it on.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FinkyDink » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:05 pm

Yeah I get these kind of feelings. I was originally diagnosed with Labyrinthitis and then Menieres, but I think it's all the fibro.
FinkyDink
UKFM Member

Postby blueeyes64 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:54 pm

I looked at auras and stuff but headaches are a very rare thing for me.And these episodes aren't followed by any sort of headache either.

Another thing that happened was the other day while going down in a lift I started to fall backwards slightly.
It comes and goes though that's what's so bizarre !
Like from hour to hour, day to day and I never know when it will occur.
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:03 pm

Neurologist may test you for M.S to rule it out if you have not had any tests done for that.

MS causes balance and vision problems but im no GP just what came to mind

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby blueeyes64 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:25 pm

Lisa MS has cropped up on Google searches when I put in my sympotms, but I'm trying not to think about that possibility TBH !

I'm hoping the neurologist will het me in for a MRI and or EEG and then hopefully that might duke some stuff out.

It may all turn out to be fibro after all.But I think I need to know either way.

I do worry about the falling as well, as that happens much more than it should and I go down very suddenly, but I would have said that was my lax joints rather than anything else.

I was walking with hubby last Oct in a city centre, we had just crossed the road onto a flat island and I went down.A guy who saw me came running over to help and asked if I was ok.I was embarrassed of course and just said I was fine.
He said he couldn't believe it as one minute i was walking and then just went down like a ton of bricks really quickly.

But it does always happen after I have over done things and I am stiff and achey.

2 weeks till I see the neuro so hong for some answers.
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Postby BonnGayle » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:16 pm

Ive had a few odd lighting effects but today I had a odd circle appear in my left eye lasted about 10 mins or so then vanished, Hubbsie drove me from work to the gp who gave me a nerologist referal him thinking its some kind of migraine, scared the sh#t outta me I can tell ya :shock:
Fibro,PCOS,Asthma,excema and Dyspraxia ( undiagnosed because it didnt exist then )
what does'nt kill us just makes us stronger!
BonnGayle
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems