Feeling too big for the furniture

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling too big for the furniture

Postby atas123 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:22 pm

I don't quite know how to explain how it feels, but here goes...

For a while now, when I sit down for too long, it feels like I sink too far down into the chair, yet at the same time it feels like my body is far too big for the furniture - crouching over the computer desk.I have to keep checking around the surroundings to make sure that I haven't suddenly 'outgrown' the furniture (Almost like Alice in Wonderland, but when she is both big and small at the same time). I understand that this probably sounds nonsensical, but it is really frightening when it happens. Recently, it has been happening more often. It's almost as if just telling my brain that what feels like is happening is stupid, and the feeling niggles and niggles and even though I am looking around the room to try and get the sense of the 'larger me' to shrink back into the 'smaller me' by using visual cues, it doesn't always happen. It is taking longer for the 'larger me' to readjust - I've never had any associated vision or balace problems before.. is it just another symptom of fibro? I'm just scared I'm going to get 'stuck' in that state of uneasiness...
atas123
UKFM Newbie

Re: Feeling too big for the furniture

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:26 am

I have never experienced nor heard anyone yet of this symptom.

I would speak with your GP
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:42 am

I have trouble with spatial awareness and judging distances and things, but I haven't had any sort of sensation where I feel too big for where I am :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? Nor can I recall anyone mentioning something that might even resemble what you're experiencing either :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Really don't know what to suggest for you to do next for this one apart from a visit to your friendly neeighbourhood GP :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Moobaloo » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:49 am

That sounds an awful sensation to experience! I think you should go get checked out by your GP as soon as possible - it might be something easily resolved or it could warrant further investigation. You could keep a diary of your symptoms as they happen & what you're doing at the time (eg: sitting at computer), as it might help to identify any 'triggers'.

Keep us updated with how you get on - and fingers crossed you get to the bottom of the cause! :)
Moobaloo
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:04 am

That sounds like a strange symptom. Wondered if it could be a side effect to medication you take. Sometimes they develop a long time after taking them. Definitely think a visit to the GP is needed with this one.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:39 pm

I have had this feeling ever since I was a child, and its usually when I am very tired and am in the moment before sleep. Its horrible and I sometimes feel like the chair is swallowing me up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it sounds really stupid but I do know what you are talking about, I dont think its a symptom of fibro and for me as it has been happening so long I know its not a side effect of any of the meds I am taking as I wasnt on anything then. BUT thats not to say it isnt for you

Talk to your doc and check out the contraindications sheet you get with all your meds as I say I know its fatigue that causes mine but thats not to say its what causes it for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems