Just when I thought I was ok

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just when I thought I was ok

Postby Picklepudding » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:48 pm

[I've received a letter from the rheumatologist today devising that my lupus anticoagulant blood test has come back positive, so I could have Hughes Antiphospolipid Syndrome on top of everything else. This basically means that, if confirmed, I'll have a high risk of blood clots, DVT, strokes and heart attacks.

When is my body going to give me a break?!?! I've got such a long list of ailments that seems to be getting longer by the month. I've really had enough of this now :o(
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Re: Just when I thought I was ok

Postby Tracie » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:11 pm

So sorry hun
Tracie
UKFM Member

Re: Just when I thought I was ok

Postby zappa20 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:59 am

Appreciate getting news you may have something else is never great to hear. Especially when you've got other things to deal with. But it hasn't been been confirmed yet, so might not happen. And if it is confirmed you'll be given treatment to avoid the complications you mentioned.

I had a couple of what they call TIA's (transient ischemic attacks) which is like minor strokes in my early 40's. They were quite frightening especially as I lost my vision for 10 minutes with one of them, and I'm terrified of the dark. lol. At the time I thought what next , as I'd recently had heart surgery for furred up coronary arteries, and after a load of tests they told me my carotid arteries were badly furred up and I was a likely candidate for a massive stroke within 5 years.

15 years later that massive stroke hasn't happened. Probably because I was given treatment to help me avoid it. And I learned to enjoy each day for what it was, despite any ongoing problems I had. Once you've had a couple of days to digest the news , try to see it positively. If it's there and they hadn't found it you could have been much worse off.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems