I need some advice.

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I need some advice.

Postby annablack » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:57 pm

I've had abdo pain on upper left side for over 48 hours, it currently feels like a painful pressure feeling. I have pain in the back of my legs thats new and not feeling like my usual fibro pain. I keep struggling with breathing in the sense that my chest feels heavy (not tight) and I'm having to make more of a conscious effort to breathe deeply. I'm so exhausted, so much more than usual, and this has been constant for over 2 weeks, and I can't even cope with making a cuppa before struggling to keep my eyes open, whether seated or standing. (sorry for the details) my stools have been lose for week and also there was some pink mucus too.

Here's my problem, its affecting me more than I'd like at the moment, but I'm terrified of phoning the out of hours in case they try to send me to hospital, because I have been treated so badly by the hospital in the past, so much so that I am going through the complaints procedure and they still treat me badly.

Just want some opinions on whether I should phone out of hours tonight or wait for gp in the morning. :cry: :cry: :cry:
annablack
UKFM Member

Re: I need some advice.

Postby whoami » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:16 am

Sorry you are in so much pain. I am not a Dr but I would think because you have had this for a couple of weeks already you may be able to wait and call your Dr in the morning. Only you can make the choice though. Go with your gut feeling.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby annablack » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:13 am

I know that it is down to me in the end, but I'm just arguing with myself over this. I'm determined to leave it until the morning, but I may have to take a sleeping tablet to be able to do that because the pain is quite strong.
annablack
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:00 am

I hope that things settle down a lot so you can get a bit of sleep.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi Anna sorry I missed this yesterday :oops: :oops: hope you managed to get an appointment today and have been checked out :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tracie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:53 pm

hope you managed to see your gp.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems