just been sent home from work o.O

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

just been sent home from work o.O

Postby E-Bunny » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:37 am

After a long night of waking with what felt like red hot serrated knives being shoved into my arms and kegs every so often I woke this morning with yet again an extremely swollen tummy. Git to work and within an hour began free flowing from both ends !! My stomach is so swollen that I cannot touch it without wincing in pain especially around my ribs..

can only get an app with the practice nurse so hoping she can talk done sence into my gp..

I really have had enough now !! In absolute agony in my arms, legs and stomach / ribs.. I cant go on any longer like this ='(

Tina
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: just been sent home from work o.O

Postby whoami » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:07 pm

Can you go to emerg? This has gone on long enough. It is hard to believe that it might be " just the fibro"!

As I have said before I have dealt with something quite similar. They help at emerg. I think they just treat every symptom on it's own not as a diagnosed illness.

Please keep us informed. No matter what it is you just need answers and some relief. x
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Tracie » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Big hugs feel better soon
Tracie
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:13 am

This definitely needs looking at, I ended up in hospital the end of last year with such severe stomach pains and now have to take alverine citrate 3 times a day and my omeprazole has been doubled to protect my stomach, so :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: the practice nurse gets a doc to look at you
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby E-Bunny » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:21 am

Hi Guys thanks for the replies.

I saw the practice nurse yesterday and she was very helpfull ( more so than my GP ). Unlike my GP, she wants this investigating ! She thinks it is IBS, but could also be an infection in my gut that mimcs IBS, and so wants to check for that 1st ( which means a poop sample :oops: lol )

She has booked me into see the gp on Friday, and has left her messages on my notes so that hopefully the GP will take this more seriously than making me have to wait till i have seen my E neuro, which is why she wont help me with the fibro pain grrr...

I am hoping it is just this infection ( cannot remember the name of it o.O ) as it can easily be treated by antibiotics.. Although the nurse said with the length of time it has been happening, and my bloods dont show any sign of fighting an infection ( temperature is normal too ) that it isnt an infection.. but she wants to check regardless as it will rule it out.

Think I will be asking to see the nurse more often, at least she is willing to investigate problems, unlike my GP :evil:

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems