Asthma

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Asthma

Postby SylvieS » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:57 pm

Does anyone with Asthma find that Fibro makes it worst?
My asthma has been playing up

recently (even before the hot weather started)
Sylvie

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
SylvieS
UKFM Member

Re: Asthma

Postby Flash » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:27 am

Hi, I have had asthma since childhood. It hasn't got worse with F/M but it always plays up more during hay fever season and again round about October which seems normal with most sufferers so I have been told. I hope you are getting the help you need and are able to keep it under control. Take care. X
Flash
UKFM Member

Re: Asthma

Postby SylvieS » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Thanks for the reply

My asthma is mainly affected by : perfume/cigarette smoke/chemicals i.e. cleaning products /shampoo/shower gels etc so I am very careful what a use and where I go ( no more shops that have pefumed candles and soaps etc.... and the smoking zones that are dotted all over the place are a def no no - I keep a very wide berth of those.)

I am on Symbicort 100/6 and this has been great since starting it ( over 18 mths) ~ but the last 5-6 weeks my asthma has been very twitchy and I will get breathless if talking/laughing etc.....
Think I will make an appointment with the asthma nurse and get it checked out.

As I am newly diagnosed with Fibro wasnot sure it it could play up the Asthma or not

Sylvie
SylvieS
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems