Feeling sick

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling sick

Postby Diane64 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi there,
Does anyone suffer from nausea and or being sick? Been feeling this on and off for a few weeks, im not sure what to put it down to, the medication im on or the fibro, was really sick this afternoon but there is days im just feeling really nauseas. :( its not every day i get this, maybe once or twice a week.
Diane64
UKFM Member

Re: Feeling sick

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:50 pm

There have been a few mentions about feeling nauseous and being sick over time Diane, so it's not too unusual I'm afraid :( :( :( For some, meds can be the cause of it, for others it can stem from other conditions they have.

For me, migraines/headaches are the biggest culprits, and have been for a good number of years :( :( :( :( Also, I found that meds which stirred up indigestion/reflux problems made it much worse for me, and at one point was :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: with everything and anything I ate and drank.

You could always speak to your GP about it, as well as helping identify the possible cause of it, they may also be able to suggest/prescribe something that eases it for you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Diane64 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Thank you, yea i done a search after i posted it, should have searched first!!
Can cope with alot of things but cant cope with feeling sick, i was taking pepto bismal for a while for it, but im at my work and didnt think to bring it with me.

Took all my meds this afternoon then 15 mins later was sick so doubt they even took any effect and just feeling blah and sorry for myself today...This fibro has got alot to blinking answer for! :(
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Not on quite the same lines, but my son has problems with travel sickness, always has done, so we keep a supply of Ginger Root capsules at home and in the car, and they make a huge difference to him. Might be something to look into suitability~wise for you and see if they help.

I can't stand :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: either :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kirsty2474 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:47 pm

Last year I had awful sickness which went away anti-acid tablets. Then this year I was hospitalized with awful pains and was throwing up every single thing I ate and drank. Turned out to be gastritis from all the anti-flammatories I had been taking.
kirsty2474
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems