Eyes driving me insane!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Eyes driving me insane!

Postby JemmaB88 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi all,

My eyes are driving me mad. I have the floaty smudgy things almost permanently which I have pretty much become used to now. But, the big problem at the mo is watery sore eyes.

I suffer with hayfever, which has gone for me now, I usually get it early summer for a couple of weeks and then it goes. This is different though. My left one is worse, and it runs almost constantly which then makes my nose run. It is very sore when shut and when I blink it stings. There is a patch very close to the iris, on the white, which is brown. The vessels are visible too. Not sure if this is a side effect of Nortriptyline as I had my dosage doubled by the doc 3 weeks ago. My eye seems to have been sore for the last 2 weeks at least. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

I am going to try and see my registered dr on Monday. I have not really seen much of her before (my previous registered doc was from birth but he has now retired). She is very nice and my brother see's her a lot and is always very understanding of his problems (depression type).

I am down to work a lot of extra hours for the rest of the month as our other receptionist is on hols. I think I might be having more problems because of the worry about making sure I am well enough to be at work. :( Who knows. I think I just need to be wrapped in cotton wool for a bit and left alone for a while. I wish!

Jem x
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Re: Eyes driving me insane!

Postby JemmaB88 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Scrap that she is on holiday for another week. :(
No luck right now!
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:22 am

Another option is to get an appointment with an optition? they maybe able to advise / help until you see the GP
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:02 pm

I agree try the opticians, they can do more than the doc wrt testing anyway so probably better to go there than anywhere else
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Docs and eyes are funny , if you have vision problems they do tend to ask when your last eye test was just to rule it out but they should be able to help if its problems with drug side effects etc. i am always very caucious about problems with eyes and so would recommend given the extra weeks wait for your GP that you try and see an opticion just to make sure there is no underlying problem , if they think there is they might send you to A&E or the nearest eye clinic as getting treatment early is always the best plan when dealing with the eyes.

Hope its nothing nasty
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Tracie » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:59 pm

I have floaters some days worse than others.
Tracie
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems