throat issues ...?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

throat issues ...?

Postby Joanne C » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:39 pm

hi,

i keep having throat infections, and at present am waiting to go to hospital for tests after two lots of antibiotics havent worked this time ...

does anyone else have this sort of problem ..? wondering if its a part of fibro, or just me ...

ta
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Re: throat issues ...?

Postby perseus » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:18 pm

It's exactly how my nightmare started 24 years ago, but I didn't have fibro symptoms then.

Have they actually registered any infection, do they recognise there is an infection visually?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby BonnGayle » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:01 am

I get a lot of throat problems my glands come up and I get a dry throat which leads to a sore throat , usually when Ive pushed myself too far or I'm over tired , I suck a lot of lozanges I love ricola you can get them in suger free and they help a lot to stop my voice disappearing completly Ive had bouts of laringitis with no apparent cause I now have worked out its probably linked to the Fibro :roll:
Fibro,PCOS,Asthma,excema and Dyspraxia ( undiagnosed because it didnt exist then )
what does'nt kill us just makes us stronger!
BonnGayle
UKFM Member

Postby Tel1 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi All

I am just totally amazed at the amount of symptoms that Fibro is suppose to affect people, the list just seems never ending eh:)
Although we all seem to get the aches pains, IBS, burning sensations, fatigue to name a few, I have had a strange throat for
about two weeks.... I can swallow ok and it doesn't feel like a sore throat as such, but it feels like my glands are up, but when
I feel them, they don't *seem* to be swollen... but it kind of feels like my throat is tight... my next door neighbour says it is
part of Fibro as she has had that for three months not so long back , but I said to her, surely this can't be part of Fibro as well?
Anyway one else had this sort of thing? be interested to know :-?
Also I keep reading articles that say Fibro is all in ones head... if that is the case, I want a new head :-?
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:53 pm

hy i have regular throat problem dry throat and problems with voice all appeared to coincide with fibro diagnosis , i have to gargle
every night and day and constantly have to suck lozengers , as for fibro being "all in the head" how dare they even think of that one
i ache from head to toe and what i feel is more than in my head ,apart from this when i feel exhausted and carnt stand up it feels more than in my head enough said for now take care x
difly
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems