skin conditions

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

skin conditions

Postby kazza65 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi everybody

I'm just wondering does anybody with fibro have skin problems....

I've have a very sore, itchy piece of skin on my left hand and also 2 very very itchy pieces on the back of my legs. They itch to the point when i'm in the bath i use the nail brush to scratch them.

Been back to dr and he says it to do with fibro so he has given me another set of steroid cream to try.

This is the reason i'm asking...
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Re: skin conditions

Postby Janet Poole » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi. . I have the same problem especially when holding a warm drink or in hot water also on my thighs. I have psoriasis but this is completely different xx
Janet Poole
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:57 pm

I've had extremely sensitive skin for as long as I can remember. Sometimes even the stuff that is supposed to be for sensitive skin/fragrance free has aggravated it. But since FM has made its presence known, it has got worse. I have random patches flare up with soreness and itchiness, as well as patches that dry out and flake off.

When I go in the bath, I use a pumice sponge to help ease the itchiness and remove the flakeys. It's not quite as rough on me as a nail brush or pumice stone, but still helps keep things under a little control. I also make sure I moisturise after a bath or shower as well, that too helps keep things behaving a little more suitably.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:21 pm

My legs get very dry and itch like mad to point i scratch so hard i bleed :shock: its agrivated by hot water.

I also have pressure hives which after a load of tests the consultant decided to blame the fibro and CFS with his explaination being that my body was exhausted and stressed causing this to react :-?

Hard to believe as any pressure on my skin causes severe hives they come up like blisters and cause lots of swelling/itching/burning/muscle pain and i feel really unwell.

After researching on this type of hives as quiet rare i found it to be an autio-immune condition linked with various illnesses like Lupus / Tyroid yet nothing on CFS/FM :-?

Im still non the wiser yet sufer daily and it restricts my daily life because as you can imagine avoiding anything that presses on any part of your skin impossible to do :shock: :shock:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby frances A » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:35 pm

reading these forums mostly make me say ' ha-that's another problem sorted'- thank you everyone this was no exception !
frances A
UKFM Member

Postby bestnan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:43 am

I have a sensitivity to hot sun. I have developed psoriasis through it. I have it on my back, my face (hair line), both elbows, both and both feet. I also have contact psoriasis at the top of my legs, where they rub and where two pieces of skin touch. I think it is called contact. Also psoriasis can be arthritic and causes joint pains although the psoriasis isn't on the bones themselves.

It itches like hell and the Dr's have diagnosed it as psoriasis. My mother and two brothers have psoriasis and it is caused by nerves, stress and environment.
bestnan
UKFM Member

Postby zaralala » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:28 am

Are you on opiate based drugs?
This can cause itching.
I have had to stop taking them as as I was itching all over and often came up in the most horrendous rash!
zaralala
UKFM Member

Postby spencebel » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:54 pm

I have had the same problem on my right shin, even the water in the shower makes it itch. It has broke out and also been very very sore.
Dr put me on antibs, also a steroid cream, nothing helped, so i tried some doublebase cream, it worked, i now put that on twice a day, to stop a flare up...................So far touch wood , it is working.
spencebel
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems