Shooting Pains In Head

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Shooting Pains In Head

Postby frances A » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:53 pm

hi- this question may have been raised before ( could have been me !)- anyone else suffer from mind-blowing sharp shooting pains in the head ? Mine are on the righthand side from above eye thru to back of my head, often with a headache following after up to a dozen 'stabs'. Because I head butted a telegraph pole (don't ask !) and had concussion 10 years the family say thats the cause... can it be ? :-?
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from topic as unrelated to subject other posts were about.
frances A
UKFM Member

Re: Shooting Pains In Head

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:03 pm

Frances, I have split your post off from the topic you had added it to as the subject of your post is different to what that of the original topic. When asking about something, if you can't find a related topic, it's better to start a new one than attaching a post to an unrelated topic, that way you are more likely to get some helpful replies rather than having your post get lost in the middle of others that are made in relation to the original topic.

I can't say if what you are experiencing could have some relation to your incident with the telegraph pole and subsequent concussion. I have times when I get a number of stabbing pains in my head. However, I have a known history of headaches, migraines and an old injury from an RTA that left me with a broken neck that seems to be accepted as the root of mine.

It might be worth trying to keep a diary of times when they occur, what was happening at the time, where you were etc to see if there is some sort of pattern or something. Plus with the diary, you could use it to help explain what happens to your GP as discussing this with them may be what is needed for you to get some answers.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Shooting Pains In Head

Postby denys » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:16 pm

I agree with Fluppy, keep a record of when and how bad to show to your doc. I get migraines and occasionally I do get sharp pains shooting through and round but normally its more like a band tightening. Hope you get some answers soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems