Off Balance Feelings

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Off Balance Feelings

Postby Tel1 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi All

I forgot to mention the other day about this. I have been experiencing as though I am going to fall backwards especially when I am
out shopping or in the post office.. I do get it occasionally indoors, but it just seems more so when I am out. I thought to myself, surely this can't be another symptom to Fibro, but I have read that is can be for some people, suffice to say I am certainly getting it and
this is worrying me, because I just think, it must be something else that is wrong not just to do with Fibro?? :yikes:

One way I am describe who I feel, is that, imagine you were swimming and then you can't touch the bottom of the pool and kind of balance panic sets in.. that is kind of how it is.... :crazy: I have had this since about April this year....naturally I was thinking to
myself. it's only the Fibro it's only the Fibro, stop worrying, but of course when us Fibro people seem to have endless symptoms and
new experienced< I thought to myself I must ask you guys if any of you get this? :scream-1:
Tel1
UKFM Member

Re: Off Balance Feelings

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:12 pm

I've had major balance problems from the start of symptoms appearing. Mine have been attributed to headaches/migraines with a nod to FM adding to their intensity.

Whilst it could be FM that is mixing things up to make you feel like this, there is just as much a chance that it could be due to something else as well.

Might be necessary for a trip to the docs to try and find out the cause :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:41 pm

As flup said a trip to your GP as a precaution as IMO it doesnt sound like fibro as the balance problems in FM tend to be from the stiffness or weakness in legs or even the dizziness from fatigue/tension head.

This possibly sounds more like a vertigo were you feel the sensation of falling down like the way we feel after going up and down a lift.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby SuzyVB » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:07 am

May be worth getting your blood pressure checked too. I often feel like that & we have a BP machine at home as hubbie has high blood pressure. When I feel like that you can guarantee my BP is below 90/60
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Postby Tel1 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:17 pm

Thank guys for the response :-D My BP is usually higher than being low, so maybe it is that? :yikes:

I have mentioned this to the rheumatologist and the neurologist and they have told me that I have nothing
neurologically wrong with me!! but then I said I thought Fibro was a neurological thing?? then silence:))
They said in the letters to me and the GP that they can say in *very* strong terms that there is nothing
wrong with my brain etc.... I just hope they are right :yikes:
I will just have to see if I keep getting it ( not that I want it:)) and go from there.... something else to *worry*
about eh :cry:

Thanks to all..
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby SuzyVB » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:22 pm

You can pick up a cheap BP monitor in Lloyds pharmacy
SuzyVB
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems