Lupus and fibromyalgia

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lupus and fibromyalgia

Postby Woody96 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:31 pm

I would like to say hi to everyone firstly.

Just bee to see a second rheumatologist today after first one said they didn't know what was going on with me! Brief history m.e. diagnosed in 2001, fibro in 2009 after riding accident, parvovirus june 2012, i have been off work since june last year and getting progressively worse in that time, i think the lady today is thinking down the lupus route, does anyone else have both, i understand it is quite possible for this, just want to prepare myself.

Many thanks xx.
Woody96
UKFM Newbie

Re: Lupus and fibromyalgia

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:51 pm

You'd duplicated your topic woody, so I've removed one to save on the confusion and chaos that happens when people start replying to both of them. And with you asking about a potentially associated condition, I've moved you onto here as it's a more suitable part of the forum.

There have been a few mentions of lupus on here. If you use the search box in the top right corner of each page it should throw up all references that have been made. Have a read and see what has been said about having both conditions.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum and Flup has said it has come up a few times so hopefully someone will come along who can help you
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Woody96 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:52 pm

Thank you will have a look. Sorry for duplicate nothing happened when i pressed the button first time. :oops:
Woody96
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:15 pm

Woody96 wrote:Thank you will have a look. Sorry for duplicate nothing happened when i pressed the button first time. :oops:

It happens quite a lot, usually when the Gremlins manage to escape :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:48 am

Woody96 wrote:I would like to say hi to everyone firstly.

Just bee to see a second rheumatologist today after first one said they didn't know what was going on with me! Brief history m.e. diagnosed in 2001, fibro in 2009 after riding accident, parvovirus june 2012, i have been off work since june last year and getting progressively worse in that time, i think the lady today is thinking down the lupus route, does anyone else have both, i understand it is quite possible for this, just want to prepare myself.

Many thanks xx.

Yes Lupus and fibro together is very commen although i must add that its also very commen to mistake one for the other as symptoms are very simular.

Lupus can take a long time to be diagnosed as there is no one test to dertermine the condition.

Its like collecting lots of information and piecing the puzzle together.

There are a few blood tests that can help with a diagnoses added to that symptoms and other problems.

You will need to have 4 out of 11 to be diagnosed see here...http://www.lupusuk.org.uk/what-is-lupus/diagnosis

Now for me i am classed as boredaline Lupus. This means i have many symptoms and some bloods that point towards Lupus but i do not have 4 out of the 11 :crazy: so i am sitting on the fence so to speak :-? and waiting to see if anything airises in the future that may point further in that direstion although hopefully i stay sitiing :shock:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Woody96 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:11 pm

Thank you Lisa. Feeling very :cry: today, wont know whats going on for another 3 weeks when i have my next appointment, as i said i have been off work since last June, it has just suddenly got to me! Thank you
Woody96
UKFM Newbie

Postby millymoodoo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:18 am

Hi

I have had fibro for several years and about 2 months ago was diagnosed with Lupus aswell. I started with ulcers in mouth and had many biopsies and blood tests which led to lupus diagnosis. My mouth is still horrendously sore and raw and despite steroids will not clear. I also have crohns disease which doesnt help as i am steroid dependant for that i have been on high doses of prednisolone for the last 13 years which is probably why the additional steroids to help clear my sore mouth are slow to work. I dont know how much longer i can cope with this, even cleaning my teeth makes my mouth bleed, bread and any solid foods scrape it which is so painful.

Milly :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :hugs:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:20 pm

My GP is testing me for lupus and sjorgens, I had blood tests done last week.

Got diagnosed with Raynauds on Monday and have symptoms of lupus for a while now. But as Lisa says they won't give me a definitive answer unless it no, here's hoping. As its so hard to diagnose.
TATT
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems